PDA

View Full Version : Jetting Question

oriclez
03-24-2005, 09:31 PM
On my 300ex I have it bored and stroked to a 406. It was running fine for a while than the starter blew. I waited a couple months and decided to fix it. I replaced the starter and started it up. I noticed that when I would pin it and my engine would bog down and after a few seconds it would kick in. I figured my needle was off. So I pulled my carb off and saw a gas puddle laying in the intake ports. I went up to the biggest jet I had on hand which was a 130 something and reminded myself to change it down the road but I forgot until now. Figured I'd need to adjust my intake valves. But while I'm at it I would rejet. What size jet should I go up to. My mods are Suppertrap E.A.R Exhaust, Uni Airfilter, Powroll Valve Springs, Hardend Rockers, Wisceo 11:1 Piston, Bored and stroked to 406, and headowrk.

2muchquad
03-25-2005, 06:16 PM
noticed that when I would pin it and my engine would bog down and after a few seconds it would kick in

that sounds like your rich,i would be going the other way;)

oriclez
03-25-2005, 07:46 PM
Running a 130 jet at what I have is really really lean. Im not running my quad much right now because of that. The reason its bogging down is my valves are off. Just gotta wait for a nice day and ill adjust them. The jetting question doesn't matter much anymore. I am picking up a 400ex carb, and will see how it runs with a 180 jet.