View Full Version : Question about white brothers pipe

middleman102002
03-24-2005, 04:15 PM
i just bought a white brothers pro series carbon pipe for my 450r
and the exhuast flange doesnt fit right into the exhuast port

ill try and post a pic to show you what i mean but has anyone else had this problem

ive tried to call white brothers about it but you cant get a hold of anyone there

middleman102002
03-24-2005, 04:18 PM
i cant get a pic to show what im talking about but its got a leak so i know its not seating right

so my question is do you think maybe they sent me the wrong headpipe i seriously doubt that cause everything else fits right

maybe they just had a problem and the measurements are off

also if anyone knows if white brothers has a customer service line or something that would be great

wppracing
03-24-2005, 07:17 PM
did you try a new exhaust gasket?

middleman102002
03-24-2005, 10:43 PM
im nopt sure what you mean the white brothers pipe comes with a built in gasket it say in the directions it doesnt need a gasket cause it already has one

middleman102002
03-25-2005, 08:28 PM
ok so i have a question its seems like when i tried to install the headpipe it bent the bolts so i oredered some new ones my question is how hard is it to change the studs that hold the headpipe to the head

does this require removal of the head or anything or just take old studs out put new in thanks

MD450r
03-26-2005, 07:04 PM
You can use vise grips or just put two nuts together and tighten them together and unthread the stud from the head. When you install the new studs use the double nut setup and use red locktite on the threads going into the head.

I have the same pipe and I install a new exhaust gasket every time I remove the head pipe to prevent leaks. Make sure you crush the gasket all of the way and try to do it evenly.

Aaron

chad502ex
03-26-2005, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by MD450r
You can use vise grips or just put two nuts together and tighten them together and unthread the stud from the head. When you install the new studs use the double nut setup and use red locktite on the threads going into the head.

I have the same pipe and I install a new exhaust gasket every time I remove the head pipe to prevent leaks. Make sure you crush the gasket all of the way and try to do it evenly.

Aaron

Aaron, where do you ride in MD?

middleman102002
03-27-2005, 12:56 PM
yeah i think when i installed it i crushed the gasket wrong how much are those gaskets new do you know

thanks for you help

MD450r
03-27-2005, 02:14 PM
I get the gaskets for around 6 or 8 bucks.

Chad, I go to Laurel or to the landing in Easton. Ive been to Raush Creek a couple of times last year but the woods are to lame to justify the drive sometimes.

Aaron

chad502ex
03-27-2005, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by MD450r
I get the gaskets for around 6 or 8 bucks.

Chad, I go to Laurel or to the landing in Easton. Ive been to Raush Creek a couple of times last year but the woods are to lame to justify the drive sometimes.

Aaron

Aaron,
kewl on Laurel- i might get there next sunday if the weather is decent. maybe we'll hook up.

middleman102002
03-27-2005, 03:49 PM
well thanks for all your help i really appreciate it

RYDER
03-27-2005, 10:16 PM
i have a pro carbon and the header had broke twice and the slip on bracketts have both broken lot of money for the name is all that i can tell you. Its not just me 3 other guys from where i am have had the same probs. out of the header. JUNK!!!

middleman102002
03-27-2005, 11:11 PM
well maybe your friends and you just have bad luck
my brother and i run cr 250fs at a local motocross track and about half the ppl running in the 250 class are running some form of white brothers headpipe and muffler

and about half of those ppl are running the pro series carbon
i havent heard of a single problem and we talk about all or problems at the races

thats the main reason i went with this combo was white brothers has a good name

the only reason that mine messed up is operator error

im not trying to be rude but mabye its your fault they broke please dont come back and flame me im just saying you have to look at it from every angle

chances are you didnt do anything wrong and it is a genuine problem im just saying think about everything you did before you start blaming ppl for stuff