PDA

View Full Version : Ken Roby

Dan229
03-24-2005, 01:20 PM
Ken,

What did you replace your factory tie rods with? A friend of mine has a KQ and he has broken two factory ones so far and is looking for a replacement. I called Houser and the lady I talked to didn't have a clue what a KQ was.

Thanks,
Dan

Ken Robey
03-24-2005, 03:09 PM
Dan, I used Tusk heavy-duty tie rod ends from Rocky Mtn. ( for a 400 ex) Used a Houser tie rod for the 400 also. The KQ has a 13 1/2 " long tie rod. Tell Houser that you need the tie rod that is 13 3/4 long. it works perfect. Also on the KQ tie rod end it is beveled to fit in the hub and steering column, have to get a machinist to make you four of those pieces just to slide on the bolt of the new tie rod end. It works perfect and I can just about guarantee he won't bend or break them. My right wrist is still sore from Ga.
If they are not sure what you are talking about at Houser, maybe give them my name and have them look up my order. Hope this helps you out

Dan229
03-24-2005, 04:38 PM
Thanks Ken! I passed that info along to my buddy Mitch. Hopefully that will cure his issue for good.

Hope your wrist heals soon and at least you didn't go for a swim like someone else I know at GA:rolleyes: :blah:

Ken Robey
03-25-2005, 12:09 PM
Was that you in the drink? I blew a fuse right when we entered the woods there and saw you swimming. Looked good anyway. Have we met?

Dan229
03-25-2005, 12:32 PM
Yep, that was me. I should have been at home on the couch as I had the flu and my strength wasn't up to par. I hit a rut that shouldn't have been an issue but it kicked me to the right and before I could get it back my front right was in the water and that was the end of that...I just couldn't stand missing both FL and GA so I ran the GA race even though I probably shouldn't have. It all worked out in the end. Luckly, it wasn't cold enough for me to get chilled and the pond water kept me cool during the race and that kept my coughing down during the race.

Heck, if I get too hot during a race later on in the season and there is a creek or pond close by I will jump in the thing (leave the quad on solid ground) as that was nice to not be over heated.

Yeah, we have talked a couple of times at the races before. There is no way you will miss me at NC. My buddies are gonna hook me up with all sorts of foolish things for running off into the lake! I'll probably have some swim fins, a snorkle, and Lord only knows what else on me or the ATV. It is all in fun. We have a good time and that is what counts for us.

Ken Robey
03-25-2005, 02:43 PM
Well, we will see you there. . My KQ is in the shop with Fuel Injection problems and not sure if it will be ready by Thurs. Well see you there, I hope.