PDA

View Full Version : race wiring harness

dunebuggie66
03-24-2005, 06:59 AM
does anyone know of a company who produces a race wiring harness for the 450r which eliminates everything not needed to race mx? i messed mine up trying to do this myself and it has become a huge headache. thanks for any replies.

macsolocam
03-24-2005, 07:04 AM
I have my stock one that' I will get rid of for a decent price....let me know if you are interested...

speedfreaksguy
03-24-2005, 08:37 AM
You can change everything over to the CRF wiring harness. It's alot more simple than the TRX harness but it is a pretty expensive swap. You can also send your harness to JH racing and they can remove all of the excess wiring for cheap. (like $30 or $40 bucks) I opted for the second choice. I will take a picture of all of the stuff they removed and post it here.

dunebuggie66
03-24-2005, 08:45 AM
what did you get to replace your stock harness? i want to get a harness that eliminates everything except what i need to make this thing run.

dunebuggie66
03-24-2005, 08:47 AM
are all the plug ins the same on the crf as the trx. i dont' want to have to modify anything. i want to be able to put it on and go.

JH Racing
03-24-2005, 09:10 AM
To use the CRF harness you have to change stator,flywheel, and CDI. There is also machine work that has to done to the case and flywheel. I can remove all the extra plugs and the regulator from you stock harness. All that is left is the CDI, coil, stator plugs, and a plug for the kill switch.

speedfreaksguy
03-24-2005, 09:11 AM
The CRF plug ins are not the same. You have to switch the CDI box, and I think the carb and stator. If you send JH a stock harness he can cut out all of the B.S. (lights, fan, rectifier, key switch) and your stock plug ins will work. I even went as far as cutting the brackets for all of that stuff off of my frame and subframe.

dunebuggie66
03-24-2005, 11:13 AM
ok, where is jh and how quickly can i get this done. im in ny. oh by the way i just ordered a complete new wiring harness for my 450, so if i send anything to jh it will be my old harness and they can figure out how to put it all back together.

RedRacer44
03-24-2005, 01:25 PM
JH Racing is located in Owasso, Oklahoma. You can reach him by calling (918) 371-0101 and ask for Johnny......