PDA

View Full Version : Shiftin at like 3 grand

frcfed4
03-24-2005, 05:54 AM
This is posted in here because the quad or actually the person who rides the quad its a 400 ex. One of my friends has a 400 ex that he just bought off my other friend and he wants to go riding with me all the time...cool. I have a 450R and im not real comfortable with it or anything like that but ill at least get on it. this kid shifts this thing at like 3 grand when we're ridin. I know that this kid may not be comfortable just like me but i mean if you wanna go talk about tearin some **** up then lets tear it up. Anyway i was just wondering if there is anything i can do to boost his confidence on the quad. He doesnt do wheelies or anything like that...no jumping and barely gets the thing muddy.

rsimmons_82
03-24-2005, 06:50 AM
i would push him too far, if he's not comfortable and you push him to hard, that'll be a good way to get him hurt or the bike hurt. if you want him to gain some confidence, id take him to the trails. he should like the trails (i liked them alot more than anything else when if first started.) I would then find out what pace he likes to go by following him. after a while, you take the lead. do go full boar at first, take it slow, a little faster than he was going but slow. after some time, speed it up some, he might fall behind, but he'll catch up if hes got any balls at all (riding alone sucks). wait up for him occasionally so he doesnt get to far behind. by hitting the trails at a faster rate, your working on 2 things. hell eventually have to get atleast 2 wheels off the ground and you will aslo be helping build his confidence with increasing his control of the machine.

hope this helps

frcfed4
03-24-2005, 08:39 AM
That might work. Im not planning on pushing him that hard but its weird. I dont even think he will ride trails for some reason, granted i havent tried to get him on them but its just something about the way he rides. He bought this thing and just rides it around on the street. I dont know if he wants the "im a badass 4-wheeler dude" look or if he actually wants to back it up. Cause he'll get it all muddy and stuff like that he just wont tear into it at all.

Joe400ex
03-24-2005, 11:19 AM
let him get comfortable with it he will get adjusted on it:devil:

muddy400EX
03-24-2005, 05:12 PM
if he hasnt had it very long then hes prolly just not used to it yet. do like the other guy said tho and ride a lil faster than he does, he will eventually try to keep up.

rsimmons_82
03-24-2005, 05:17 PM
yeah thats what my buddies did to me. it sucks being way the hell behind.

nosliw
03-24-2005, 07:35 PM
have another friend dress up like a bear and jump out behind him when you guys are taking a break on your quads. that outta bring out the racer in him.:cool: