PDA

View Full Version : info on keda klawz tires

MoToX199
03-24-2005, 04:44 AM
i have holshot mx's on my quad,and there good tires for what i do,but they were down really quickly and i heard that kenda klawz were suopposed to be really good tires for hard packed dirt,and thats what i ride in,and i was wondering if any of you guys had them,and if you like them or not,plz let me know how you like them thanks!

Colby@C&DRacing
03-24-2005, 09:02 AM
I have been running the Klaw mx tires for a couple of years and really like them. They give really good traction and last allot longer than the itp mx tires. I have used both 8'' and 9'' in the rear and the only differnce is the 9' slide alittle more in the corners. the fronts are also a good mx tire. They also make the knarly in an mx tire and are come out with a new softer knarly mx.

RedRaider
03-24-2005, 10:56 AM
A softer Knarly!! They are to soft the way they are now. I thought they were coming out with a new set of klaws?

sjc115
03-24-2005, 03:02 PM
Are the 20" Klaws or 20" Knarly's any good for motocross? Or do you think standard Holeshots in a 20" are better for mx?

The reason I don't want to go with 18" is because I think the gearing will be way off and I don't want to get rid of my case saver to put a 14t front sprocket on (I am already running a 36 tooth rear).

Any suggestions?

mx400
03-24-2005, 03:57 PM
you won't have to get rid of you case saver if you have a 14T. only if you go to 16T you can't run a case saver.

sjc115
03-24-2005, 05:33 PM
I have an amp link on and had to grind the heck out of the case saver just to get it to fit with a 13t. I tried a 14t before getting the 36t rear and it won't work with the amp link and the case saver. Maybe I'll take the amp link off. It seemed to help, but it has been on for so long that I can't remember how much difference it really makes.