PDA

View Full Version : cracked welds, lower a-arms

ryann mx68
03-23-2005, 02:50 PM
05 400ex stock, starting to hop-up. anyway question is has anyone else had any problems with the welds cracking where the a-arms connect to the frame. raced mx my whole life and just recently started riding quads, 180 lbs, b rider in mx, i ride very aggressive mx style, jumps etc. just want to know if this is a common problem on the 400, i'll add xtra welds to my 4 lower points if ness, or could it be the limits of the suspension, bottoming out?

K_Fulk
03-23-2005, 08:35 PM
Never seen the a-arm mounts on the frame crack. Usually the sotck a-arm shock mounts crack, as do the upper shock mount on the frame, around the footpeg bolts, and the upper motor mounts. Are the most likely to crack.

ryann mx68
03-24-2005, 06:31 AM
yeah its kinda strange, they are welded on all 4 sides of the mount, but the cracked weld is on the underneath side of the mount, right lower a-arm. last week i overjumped the landing and came down hard, didnt crash or anything, you know in the air its gonna hurt when you land, like i said, i'm just curious if this was common or other frame areas i should keep an eye on. thanks