PDA

View Full Version : Question on rear swing arm

harleypitbull1
03-23-2005, 02:07 PM
Does anyone know if you can make the rear swingarm a no link suspension on a 400 ex? Several people locally have told me it is possible but nobody knows any details. I ride in the woods only, no racing but I am having trouble with the rear end kicking up. Any help would be appreciated.

colt45er
03-23-2005, 04:07 PM
if your rear is kicking on you try adjusting rebound. . or even a new rear shock valved for your weight and riding. . a linkless rear swingarm is possible but would cost more in the long run, would probably interfere with travel length and you'd prolly have to buy a new shock anyway. . later days

ajr400ex
03-23-2005, 06:36 PM
I believe GT Thunder makes a link for the 400ex to help with the bucking. Alot cheaper than trying to go with a no link setup. If it works anything like the 450r link/revalve, it should work much better than stock.

harleypitbull1
03-24-2005, 06:34 AM
Thanks for the information guys. I will definately be checking into it. I love the bike but I didnt relize how bad the rear suspension was about kicking up until I rode my buddies cannondale. The rear is like a dream compared to my 400.