PDA

View Full Version : Houser Installation question

Quadfather
05-09-2002, 07:17 PM
I am in the middle of installing my new Houser a-arms. The lowers went on no problem, but when I try to put the spindle mount bolt on the ball joint stem, it spins while I'm turning the bolt.

Any ideas?

I am really impressed with the quality of them, but I can't believe that they put those cheesy prism HOUSER stickers on them. They were half falling off when I took them out of the box.

Also, you'd think they would throw in some directions. Not that I had a tough time with the install, but for 5 big ones, paint your name on them, and give us some directions with some pictures thrown in.

400exRacerX
05-09-2002, 07:21 PM
Take a C-clamp and put it on top of the upper balljoint and on the bottom of the lower ball joint. Tighten the clamp and then tighten the nuts. The balljoints have a taper thats why they wont go in easy.

PS- my housers came with directions.

Norm

Quadfather
05-09-2002, 07:25 PM
Sounds easy enough, can't believe I didn't think of that. Thanks a lot.

fire x 2000
05-11-2002, 02:33 PM
I had to call for directions, they say to use a c-clamp but that bs the ball joint are rounded at the tops so the clamp slips off. I used a big bench vice ( while the arms are off the bike) to get mine tight. If the c-clamp works please let me know what you did so i dont feel like a dumb ***.

Holty
05-11-2002, 04:13 PM
how about doin a write up/review/how to article after the install. with pics and such. I"m sure that would help alot of guys out including myself.

Quadfather
05-11-2002, 07:51 PM
I used a 5" c clamp, it worked great. You just have to find the proper angle for the clamp. You have to get it as verticle as you can. It was a snap.