PDA

View Full Version : AC nerfs installation instructions needed

QuadJunkies
03-23-2005, 10:03 AM
I couldnt find the info once posted here on installing the AC Nerfs on a Kasea 90.
I wanted to make sure we didnt make too much of a mess with the PC on the frame.
also, any illustration you may have would be very much appreciated.... ;)

AtvMxRider
03-23-2005, 01:04 PM
Remove the old foot pegs. Clean off all of the PC around were the spuds will be welded. I put my rear spuds right up agains the stock peg mount. I have seen some people put it little further back. JUst tack them in place 1st to make sure you get them straight and even from side to side. Then you can weld them all the way around. Be carefull and don't get the frame too hot. Just weld alittle and then let it cool then weld some more.

Livin4Real
03-23-2005, 03:38 PM
use a mig on it if at all possible. Also make sure both spuds on both sides are spaced out the same. Sometimes when they're bent at the factory they aren't bent equally and if you just use the nerfs to space out the spuds instead of actually measuring
the distance between the spuds on both sides you will end up with a little offset. Also consider cutting the stock mounting tabs off if you don't plan on using them, makes it much cleaner looking.

QuadJunkies
03-23-2005, 11:43 PM
thanks you guys. We will be putting them on Friday :)

BradLoomis
03-24-2005, 12:55 PM
Place your rider on the bike standing on the footpegs. Note where the centerline of the rider is to the lowest height of the seat. You will want this to be as practically close to each other as possible. Most of the times the centerline of the rider is about 1 - 3" behind the lowest section. Have your rider get down. Mark the factory plastic foot peg position onto the frame. You will then remove the plastic running boards and grind off all of the metal factory mounts. "Fish mouth", that means a V cut, the ends of the four pipes supplied with the nerfs. Check the Nerfbars to make sure the two main tubes that go to the frame are paralell with each other. If not a slight bit of stretching will fix it. Place a nerf bar in place without the metal tubes and note the marked location of the factory footpeg. I moved ours about a inch forward for a better rider position, the choice is yours. Make sure the front tire turning radius clears the Nerf bar. Mark the location and then sand off all paint around that area to be welded. Clamp a flat piece of Aluminum or steel directly underneath the frame at the marked location. Place the cut part of the tube against the main frame and positon 90 degrees away from the frame with a square. I chose to slightly lift the end of the tube 1/8 - 1/4" higher on the outside. I feel it places the feet at a better angle. Weld pipe to main tube. Place Nerfbar over pipe and slide towards frame. You will probably need to trim a little nerfbar pipe to make both ends square to the frame. Place other pipe in the other end of the Nerf and slide it into postion. The V cut will help square the pipe to the frame and the welded pipe will help maintain the angle. Now tack in place, remove the Nerf and fully weld the pipe. Do the otherside and pay attention to the symetry of both sides, make sure they look the same. Slide on the Nerfbar and drill through the tubes and install the bolts. If you are happy with everyting, disassemble everything and paint the frame and pipes. You can now install the webbing and once everything is dry, reassemble and motor on

AtvMxRider
03-24-2005, 03:08 PM
If you are leaving the motor in try and keep the ground clamp for the welder as close to where you are welding as possible.

QuadJunkies
03-27-2005, 10:46 PM
We got them on, although I have to say they were kind of a pain and time consuming,we had to repaint a few spots so it took alot longer to set them up :grr: and due to the height of my Daughter, we ended up cutting the nerf back about an inch on each side or her foot would not fit the peg properly. That would be a good thing to note to anyone with tall kids that they will NOT fit right w/o some modifactions being done first.
I do fell ALOT better now having them on, I was worried about foor safety
thanks for all your help and Ill post a pic this week :)