PDA

View Full Version : yamie=over-rated

dober250R
03-23-2005, 10:03 AM
Why is it every review I read of the yfz450 they say it's the best quad out there, and boast it up really good. It's starting to get on my nerves. Why doesn't somebody do a review on the 450R, oh yeah, cause everyone knows it's the best. Y do the aftermarket companies base parts for the yfz off of honda's designs? ie the bearing carriers? I don't hate yamaha, i just hate the way people write these articles!!! Anyone knows if you drop enough money into a quad it can be a contender. And it's 90% rider ability anyway.

03-23-2005, 10:22 AM
You should be banned for being retarded. Everyone knows Yamaha puts more money into magazines so they make the YFZ #1 in all the shootouts.

Hit the search button, and theres a million other posts from 5 year olds that care what a magazine shootout sais.

MotoX3
03-23-2005, 10:39 AM
dont read them...no one forces you to...

Butters
03-23-2005, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Atkins450
You should be banned for being retarded. Everyone knows Yamaha puts more money into magazines so they make the YFZ #1 in all the shootouts.

Hit the search button, and theres a million other posts from 5 year olds that care what a magazine shootout sais.

exactly.

dober250R
03-23-2005, 10:43 AM
i just think it's funny that honda doesn't have to sucker people like that. people already know honda is a good product, they don't have to be b.s'ed into it. pretty sure i'm not getting banned, so it looks like you'll have to put up with me getting on your nerves, have a good day

MSL
03-23-2005, 11:02 AM
I am a die hard Honda Rider:cool:

With that said I think people need to realize that Yamaha has finaly put out a MX Quad that Honda cant walk all over now! Be men and give the YFZ 450 the credit it deserves because its one badass quad and thats a fact.

And as far as the Mags go (Dont hate the player hate the game)

nosliw
03-23-2005, 11:07 AM
well the yfz is as good as they play it out to be IMO.

and yes, better than the 450r. i'm not honda loyal, i know what's better.

same in a drag as the 450r (i've heard slightly faster), PLUS it has the magic button.

only thing i have against it is that it feels a wee bit too small for me. 450r fits better.

the yami also looks better. like some kind of pissed off mosquito.

and please, spare me the 'well my stock 450r beat every yfz i came across and i beat it by 16 quad lengths'

i do plan on getting a 450r in the very near future, though. because for one, it fits me better, and two, my dealer can get me a very good deal on one.
:p

Punk'd
03-23-2005, 12:38 PM
450r all the way doodddddddddddd:bandit:

jacobw
03-23-2005, 01:00 PM
they are both sweet quads I race the missouri series and the hondas are better through the woods they are alittle easier to ride the only real disadvantage is the kick start but if you like that you are good to go they are equally competitive:D

SRH
03-23-2005, 04:33 PM
i use to love my 400ex until i rode a yfz for the first time and ive heard the 450r handling is very similar...def glad i didnt buy a R, its for some folks but i prefer everything on the yami , performance wise. im not sure but i thought honda had some patent or something on there carrier design or something like that....not sure if its true but i read that or someone told me , anyone know for sure? honda builds durable, reliable and easy to work on stuff, yamaha is all performance

dober250R
03-23-2005, 04:44 PM
yeah, that can't be true, if honda has a patent on their carrier design, then all these aftermarket companies would have to fork over some of the profits to honda. i don't think that's happenin. I know the yz is a fast machine, i'm actually torn between which one i would actually buy. I still got my 250R, i just can't decide. the honda does look easier to work on, is the yfz450 that much harder to work on?

Fred55
03-23-2005, 05:20 PM
Honda has patents in JAPAN!!! Not America...thats why cannondale and polaris got away with using the honda design.

TGW_400ex
03-23-2005, 05:22 PM
I think Yamaha is a little overrated its still a nice bike tho

03-23-2005, 05:22 PM
The YFZ isnt hard to work on at all IMO.

BadAss03
03-23-2005, 06:40 PM
I like the predator. And its real easy to work on, but they put cheap screws in the carb so you have to be careful until you replace them with some better ****.

SRH
03-23-2005, 08:12 PM
yamaha isnt necessarily hard to work on, more inconveinent than anything, retarded fastners, and hose/cable routing is stupid ...stuff like that

i had thought there was a reason that prevented the other japanese manufactuers from producing the same carrier design as honda...

Fred55
03-23-2005, 09:22 PM
yeah, their patents only in japan...thats the same reason on dirtbikes the others cant route their front brake lines like honda on any other bike...but when your dealer gets them..they can change it to like it.

400grl
03-24-2005, 06:54 AM
YFZ's are really easy to work on.....internally, externally........very easy to maintain and get into the engine and clutch. The YFZ is an incredible machine, and it really shows what it's made for on the MX track.....I was a total Honda person, too - but I think that people who remain steadfastly brand loyal may be missing out on some truly great new machines. As for winning the shootouts - please! How many times has Honda won over and over- and no one here seemed to complain about that! ;) I don't give much credit to shootouts - it's more like reading the tabloids in the checkout line - just entertaining for a breif moment! :)

Love what you have - if you don't, then get something better! ;)

MSL
03-24-2005, 03:12 PM
YFZ's are really easy to work on.....internally, externally........very easy to maintain and get into the engine and clutch. The YFZ is an incredible machine, and it really shows what it's made for on the MX track.....I was a total Honda person, too - but I think that people who remain steadfastly brand loyal may be missing out on some truly great new machines. As for winning the shootouts - please! How many times has Honda won over and over- and no one here seemed to complain about that! I don't give much credit to shootouts - it's more like reading the tabloids in the checkout line - just entertaining for a breif moment!

What she said:bandit:

Mxjunkie
03-24-2005, 03:17 PM
I've owned and worked on both brands, From tearing down a honda that was simple as hell, then this banshee all I did was cuss the thing, they use philips heads all over the fricking thing instead of 8mm!

Fred55
03-24-2005, 03:42 PM
But they also designed that in the 80s, a yfz is VERY easy to work on!

SRH
03-24-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Fred55
But they also designed that in the 80s, a yfz is VERY easy to work on!

no actually its a pain in the ***, i had mine to the bare frame and changed out mostly everything, yamaha has the most retarded routing for cables and hoses ive ever seen, the nuts like on the a arms for example arei much cheaper than the stuff honda uses which doesnt take washers so keeping track what washers go where is an annoyance,all the excess plastic covers and wires are just a real pain in the ***, the front brakelines are terrible setup too, you cant take them off without taking them a part which even if you pump t he fluid out it still gets all over...stuff like that is just a pain in the *** when your use to working on hondas...i mean to take the a arms off you have to remove the brake lines....

SRH
03-24-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
I've owned and worked on both brands, From tearing down a honda that was simple as hell, then this banshee all I did was cuss the thing, they use philips heads all over the fricking thing instead of 8mm!

not much has changed:p not any philips heads on the yfz tho

Mxjunkie
03-24-2005, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by SRH
not much has changed:p not any philips heads on the yfz tho

lol, I wouldnt mind if they werent such a pain in the ***, I havent cussed a bike that long since the crs rear hub broke in half and chucked me over the bars :blah:

All and all I have to say honda has the best bikes to work on hands down, easy and they are the best built bikes, performance wise, I still say honda has them beat. Almost every yfz I see at the track has eletrical problems of some sort. I like how honda kept the kick start and everything. If yamaha has the best performance bike as the magazines say, oh well Honda will allways be the ones not broken down all the time lol. I know this banshee will break down, shut down, break and what have you. I think a 450r might replace it once its done :devil:

SRH
03-24-2005, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
lol, I wouldnt mind if they werent such a pain in the ***, I havent cussed a bike that long since the crs rear hub broke in half and chucked me over the bars :blah:

All and all I have to say honda has the best bikes to work on hands down, easy and they are the best built bikes, performance wise, I still say honda has them beat. Almost every yfz I see at the track has eletrical problems of some sort. I like how honda kept the kick start and everything. If yamaha has the best performance bike as the magazines say, oh well Honda will allways be the ones not broken down all the time lol. I know this banshee will break down, shut down, break and what have you. I think a 450r might replace it once its done :devil:

quad riders have a tendency not to take care of there stuff, so they ***** its junk , people jump into stuff cut and hack wires to get rid of switches, lights etc and wonder why they have trouble... oh dude i wanted to save 3 ozs so i can ride faster

iceracer65
03-24-2005, 10:02 PM
not only is the honda easier to work on...you have to work on it less.

not mentioning any names but most other quads need more maintainence AND are harder to work on. doesnt make sense to me.

oh...and maybe the yammie guys can help me out...does the yfz have all the wrenches in the tool kit that it takes to adjust the chain?

Fred55
03-24-2005, 10:13 PM
The yfz is really easy to work on to me...compared to my old predator! lol

03-24-2005, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by iceracer65
oh...and maybe the yammie guys can help me out...does the yfz have all the wrenches in the tool kit that it takes to adjust the chain?

Why would it matter whats in the tool kit, those things are junk anyways. All you need is the tools in your garage.

Blastermax
03-24-2005, 10:26 PM
Everywhere I go I see the YFZ's breaking down but I never really saw the Honda mess up (not that it dosent happen)

400grl
03-24-2005, 10:31 PM
The tool kit is the first thing I toss out.....I don't think that's how I'd judge a quad. And if I have to adjust my chain out on the trail, I didn't do a very good job of prepping my bike before I left!!! ;)

KH426
03-25-2005, 12:48 AM
Personally I like the yammie better . Just remember its all nuts bolts its all made in japan its ALL going to break

03-25-2005, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by nosliw

the yami also looks better. like some kind of pissed off mosquito.

:D :D Funny!

I honestly have never ridden a 450R. One of my friends has one and he's never had any problems with it, and it performs great. My YFZ has also never had any problems, and also performs awesome. I think they are both great bikes, but drag racing, track and through the trails he can't keep up.

Oh and I have seen the TRX beat the YFZ in some shootouts in ATV Sport Magazine. Hell I saw a shootout where the Z400 beat them both!!! :huh :huh

SRH
03-25-2005, 03:40 PM
not only is the honda easier to work on...you have to work on it less.

not mentioning any names but most other quads need more maintainence AND are harder to work on. doesnt make sense to me.

i dunno i have a 250r style rear:blah:

03-26-2005, 11:37 PM
i dont like honda's 450 at all i think it sucks cause that engine is like 20 miles slid back on the frame, i think yamaha is gonna have its best year this year because of the true 450 they're coming out with, i mean the 439 is already fast as could be so how nice do you people think the 450 is gonna be
yamaha all the way :macho

iceracer65
03-26-2005, 11:59 PM
why havent they done it yet??

prolly cause a dirtbike 450 motor wont hold up in a quad frame?

seriously...can anyone tell me why they havent yet??

SRH
03-27-2005, 12:03 AM
why havent they done it yet??

prolly cause a dirtbike 450 motor wont hold up in a quad frame?

seriously...can anyone tell me why they havent yet??

when they built the yfz the gnc national limit was 440cc....

iceracer65
03-28-2005, 12:51 AM
thats my point...it was a while ago...plus they have made other improvements since the rule got changed:rolleyes: