PDA

View Full Version : 05 400 ex mods

rainman 05400ex
03-23-2005, 08:08 AM
I want to mod my bike to ride basically at sea level here in Chesapeake VA.

Want to put on pipe thinking Yoshi comp series full system.

Need jet kit.

Air filter.

Full skid plates.

We ride in alot of mud and water in the winter so what are my options for removing the air box lid?

Also from time to time we are going to Hatfield and McCoys and the mountains of the Shenandoah Valley. The elevation changes will be drastic compared to basically sea level here at home. What changes need to be made before running in the mountains?

Thanks in advance.

BLEEDRED
03-23-2005, 09:52 AM
I love my Pro Armor full skids. Got them on ebay...

huffdaddy_400EX
03-23-2005, 01:27 PM
For the airbox cover, get an EHS Racing lid. You can either buy the kit and mod your own lid or you can just get the complete lid...you choice.

I have one and it works great...keeps all the muck out too.

04'400ex'er
03-23-2005, 06:19 PM
I removed my lid and I ride in sand and mud and water. Sand gets in my air box and water does too but I have an Outerwears over my K&N air filter and the inside of the filter is always clean. I would reccoment the pro-flo kit with K&N from pro design. Seals her up tight. you could put an outerwears airbox lid on there which is just outerwears materal stretched over the air box.

whiteflash
03-23-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by huffdaddy_400EX
For the airbox cover, get an EHS Racing lid. You can either buy the kit and mod your own lid or you can just get the complete lid...you choice.

I have one and it works great...keeps all the muck out too.

i second that, works great and alot cheaper than the powerlid.

cals400ex
03-23-2005, 10:20 PM
if you run in a lot of water, i would just leave the lid on. i used a lid on my 426 with great success, just make sure it is jetted for that. i currently run a gt thunder velocity stack in my lid. this will keep your filter dry too.

rainman 05400ex
03-24-2005, 08:11 AM
Thanks for the help. I went with the HMF sport slip on and the jet kit with the K&N and outerwears. I decided to just leave the lid on for now and see what happens.

This is a great site I am glad I found you guys. There is alot of info on here for newbies like me.

Thanks again.