PDA

View Full Version : Burning Smell?!

pork917
03-22-2005, 10:02 PM
Yea just recently got a 05' 400ex and have had some minor problems, just not sure if its normal and if its not i wanna take advantage of the warranty,

first of all is when i start it. all my friends who have a 04 suzuki 400 and raptors both when they start them they just open the choke and hit start and it starts, on mine i gotta constantly rev the throttle or it dies out. i tried turning the idle adjustment but this has not fixed the problem. is this normal or should i have it fixed under the warranty

second ive smelt a burning smell when im in neutral and the whole plastics heat up, i know its supposed to get hot, on the engine parts but should the plastics be heating up from just riding only a few minutes?

also how long should i warm it up before riding?

and how does the warranty work, if its broke and they fix it do i have to pay the per hour charge or not if its covered?

sorry for all the questions i just dont know the answers hehe

nosliw
03-22-2005, 10:37 PM
1. yea you gotta play with the throttle a little bit at first. but when it's all warmed up and stuff you should be able to just hit the button.

2. your fine.

3. before i got my heakerseeker temp gauge i would wait until the exhaust gases coming out were warm on my hand. then i would riding around not too hard. in time you should beable to tell by how your engine acts if it's ok to start working it.

4. not sure. in my early days of having my quad (where i still had hope in my pbrake) i would take it in to get adjusted. they didnt charge and no problems, then again it didnt take them anymore than a couple of minutes. oh, and by the way, dont even bother with that thing :o

pork917
03-22-2005, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by nosliw
1. yea you gotta play with the throttle a little bit at first. but when it's all warmed up and stuff you should be able to just hit the button.

2. your fine.

3. before i got my heakerseeker temp gauge i would wait until the exhaust gases coming out were warm on my hand. then i would riding around not too hard. in time you should beable to tell by how your engine acts if it's ok to start working it.

4. not sure. in my early days of having my quad (where i still had hope in my pbrake) i would take it in to get adjusted. they didnt charge and no problems, then again it didnt take them anymore than a couple of minutes. oh, and by the way, dont even bother with that thing :o

thanks man, appreciate the help. just a lil paranoid as this is my first quad hehe.