PDA

View Full Version : 400ex build

bigvforcer
03-22-2005, 04:43 PM
I stated before, I got a 2003 400ex with an r-4 slip-on. I am going to do a 416 kit with a je 11:1 or whatever the closest ratio is. I also plan on porting and polishing.

My question is about cams. What cam should I go with to make power on the low end. We will be mxing, hare scrambling, and GNCCing this quad. I almost need a midrange cma in my opinion because of the mxing we will be doing. I need an all around cam to reall helkp set the power out. Please give me your opinions on hotcams and why some people don't like them. T

This will be my second 03 400ex in a year. I sold my other one to get a V-force. My old one had a bill's thunder complete system and some other goodies. I know what kind of power these 400's can produce and how to make them faster. My last question is, will the stock clutch system hold up to the 416 kit. I have heard of putting a cr500 clutch system in a 400 before to help with the power. If this will not work what is the best way to go.

Thanks,

Brian

bigvforcer
03-23-2005, 03:13 PM
come on guys someone has to know something

Dave400ex
03-23-2005, 04:13 PM
I have a TC XC Cam and love it. It added all kinds of bottom end power. I would get a 8 plate clutch setup also, either the Sparks or GT Thunder. You might want to talk with Laz at GT Thunder...