PDA

View Full Version : pipe then jetted, blue smoke??

kmmon1
03-22-2005, 03:51 PM
The other day I changed my oil, new filter and filled it up. I rode around for a while and it was fine. short rides around the house. The next night I installed my suppertrap IDS2 full system, I ran it but did not drvie much it was late, the next day I installed the new jet a 128 main, and down one notch on the needle. The quad runs fine and had much more power, but after a few short rides it starts to blow some blue smoke(oil). I let it sit for a few started and it was fine, after a few minutes again it was blowing some blue smoke again. I check the plug it was black so it is probaly running a little rich, i still need to modify the air box. Before any of this the bike bike was stock and never blew any smoke or had any problems. I checked the oil that night and it looked over full on the dipstick even after sitting for 10 minutes. I checked oil today and it is in the right level. I realized i was dripping some oil and found the little o-ring on the filter cover was missing the small one not the main. What would cause the oil burn, the oil had no gas smell.. any info

kmmon1
03-25-2005, 12:56 PM
anyone???

markk
03-25-2005, 02:20 PM
R u 100% positive that you put the oil filter in correctly???

that would have been the first thing i checked after i saw any smoke!

kmmon1
03-27-2005, 02:50 PM
Everything seams fine now, The filter cant go in backwards, it does not fit. I replaced the missing gasket, put more fresh oil and filter and the smoking has stopped.

standardryder
03-27-2005, 05:04 PM
if you let your quad idle then check the plug it will always be black. you need to really rip on it and then shut it off and check the plug. thats what the do in nascar races, they run WO and then cut the engin real fast it gives an accurate color for the plug.

400exrider707
03-27-2005, 05:22 PM
Too much oil in the engine could have caused some to get burnt off.