View Full Version : avg. life of paddle tire?

YFZ450Ridr
03-22-2005, 12:40 PM
This thoguht just crossed my mind as to how many rides will an average paddle tire last in sand. I would think that they would last jsut about forever since sand isn't very rough on tires. can somebody fill me in.

blue416ex
03-22-2005, 05:54 PM
i eat paddles almost a set a season:devil: :macho

YFZ450Ridr
03-23-2005, 12:26 PM
really that fast? jeez i never would of thought that they would wear down that fast. i guess thier like a 2 or 4 ply?

blue416ex
03-23-2005, 12:30 PM
i think most are 2 since weight is always an issue maybe some 4 not sure but they go quick ezpecially if you have something that will eat regular tires in a sand dune i ate razrs out there 6 ply wasnt very happy but yes they wear out fast thats why i usually go with sand skates or sand stars or even geckos geckos last almost 2 seasons on mine sand stars 1 1/2 and the skates about the same as the stars so pick your poison cuz they never last along time and most are expensive!:ermm:

Punk'd
03-23-2005, 12:42 PM
Yeah I would have thought they lasted forever to:huh

zephead400ex
03-23-2005, 12:46 PM
Paddles will not last forever, unless you don't ride on them. I know at Little Sahara, OK. you have to ride on pavement to get to the sand. Hard surfaces will eat your paddles very quickly. I have a set of Kings Turbo paddles which are almost a year old which are still in good condition and should last me at least until next summer.

But a couple years, as long as taken care, would be about the average life span of a good paddle.