PDA

View Full Version : Biggun Cdi

397ccEX
03-22-2005, 10:55 AM
I just ordered a biggun cdi... and i was wonderin what the gains are for those of you who have em and if you like and any mods i gotta do with it thanks
KODY

yub350
03-22-2005, 11:02 AM
I have one and there pretty cool. They work best with a modified engine and might over-rev a stock engine. I like them because now i can go faster in reverse. Also im not hitting the stock rev limiter any more. Just my input on one.

j753301
03-22-2005, 05:10 PM
i read a review somewhere i cant remember but they had a completely stock 400ex and a 416ex all done up,and they said the big gun is probably one of the best they have tested,it raises the rev limit by 1700 rpms and they said it worked great on the modded quad,no starting issues or anything,and on the stock one it didnt overrev like manny people think but gave a nice improvement in throttle response and it keept pulling right up to the rev limit.im looking to trade my tc racing for a big gun cdi!!

mxjunky
03-23-2005, 09:48 PM
has anyone here ever put a cdi from a xr400 dirt bike in? i heard they are more aggressive than stock, without any starting issues. my friend put a white bros cdi on his 400ex and couldn't get his to start.:confused:

Zuber187
03-24-2005, 07:18 PM
I too have the Big gun CDI. Love it . No starting problems what so ever. Not really benifical without cam and piston though. Hell I could barely hit the stock one when it was piped jetted and filtered. But after the cam and piston was in it really made it zing up top.