PDA

View Full Version : banshee spindles on a blaster

sandnmyteeth2
03-22-2005, 07:40 AM
Has any body put Banshee spindles (knuckles) on a Blaster? Do they bolt right up or do thay have to be modified? Will i be able to use stock lingth Blaster tie rods? THANKS

bradley300
03-22-2005, 08:22 AM
lots of people do it, but it isnt a great idea. it throws the tilt of the tires off (top vs. bottom) and the tirod end location is in the banshee's spot, which isnt the right spot for a blaster. the holes on the spindles are also the wrong size. you can fix some of these problems
1. diamond racing makes blaster a-arms for banshee spindles, this helps tilt the wheels back out
2. you can ream the holes to accept the blaster's balljoints

your still left with the tierods in the wrong spot, which is going to make the steering twitchy. yes, a steering stabilzer will help, but i would rather just do it right.

most used parts places should have 2003 blaster spindles by now, just make sure you tell them you need a 2003 and that they are different than the 88-02 spindles.this will be a direct bolt on, no mods needed.

east coast ATV also makes mounting brackets so you can mount banshee brakes onto your stock 88-02 spindles with no mods.they are 200 bucks last time i checked. i would say for an 88-02 models, this is your best bet, the 03 spindles can be hard to find used and new there expensive.