PDA

View Full Version : Takeing off the chain

Punk'd
03-22-2005, 12:09 AM
Well today I woke up thinking (ILL CLEAN MY CHAIN) so I went downstairs and was about to clean the mofo when me and my friend noticed there is no master link. Is it just me? Me and my friend were sitting there scratching off the mud looking for it and we found NADA.

trx450jason
03-22-2005, 12:13 AM
haha nope no master link..not sure how you would take it off though

kazpr
03-22-2005, 01:50 AM
Ya get a roto tool and grind one off and then get a master link for a 0 ring chain. Make life alot easier.

Punk'd
03-22-2005, 03:21 PM
Why would honda do something stupid like that. Makes me mad!:mad:

Im not going to service the bike to get the chain off!!!

plain ole 450r
03-22-2005, 03:47 PM
In order to getthe chain apart you need to buy a chain breaker. You can buy one from dennis kirk pretty cheap. The reason there is no master link is because it would be the weak link and the first part to fail under a large torque load!!!!!!!!!

03-22-2005, 04:56 PM
either buy a brand new chain or cut chain and buy another master link and use it...I think that the new master link will break though b/c of all the torque 450r has...your best bet is to loosen chain ALL the way and take off front black plastic piece cover and rear tire and slide the chain off

Punk'd
03-22-2005, 05:21 PM
Only thing is the chain is inbetween the frame and the swing arm. You prob have to take the swing arm bolt off first.

03-22-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Punk'd
Only thing is the chain is inbetween the frame and the swing arm. You prob have to take the swing arm bolt off first. OOOOH...i completely forgot about the frame :bandit:

HiperEX
03-22-2005, 06:42 PM
try loosing the chain as much as it can go then take teh front or rear sprocket off and of comes hte chain, then put it back on the same why you took it off unless the chain goes over nad under part of the frame or swinger i couldnt tell ya

Extreem
03-22-2005, 07:34 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Punk'd
[B]Why would honda do something stupid like that. Makes me mad!:mad:

A fully rivited chain is stronger, and if they were to put on a chain with a master link, then they'de have to take the time to make sure it goes on in the right direction.

Punk'd
03-22-2005, 07:37 PM
True I just dont feel like taking everything apart to take the chain off. Oh well