PDA

View Full Version : which pipe do you have?

fatlab
03-21-2005, 09:38 PM
Looking for a new pipe for my 05 tld. I was interested in the new FMF Q pipe anyone have one? If not what pipe do you have? I saw the exhaust thread pics any pros and cons to go along with it.

Thanks

Mitch_McComb
03-22-2005, 06:04 AM
I've got the Moose by Bub exhaust.
Great sound, Deep growl, but quiet at the same time. Put together really well. It really filled in the missing power at the bottom of the powerband. I'd recommend it to anyone. I plan on trading my e-series for one on my 400ex also.

sled_ed 300ex
03-22-2005, 06:10 AM
I have suppertrapp that i cut realy short and polished!!!

Its not the best but hey it make some noise!!!:D

fatlab
03-22-2005, 08:32 AM
I guess there are so many pipes out, it probably comes down to personal preference. Thanks Mitch, the Moose pipe sounds nice! I will look into it more. Sled, those supertrapp pipes seem to help out any kind of bike. Thanks

hogriderkev
03-22-2005, 01:33 PM
I got the Yoshimura TRS Titanium Full System. It really woke up my Predator. I luv the sound...It is very distict and tough. Don't buy it through vendors, go Ebay. I got it new for half the price. $400!!!

bman9
03-22-2005, 03:26 PM
right down there :)

Mitch_McComb
03-22-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by bman9
right down there :)

Bman9:

Noticed you were from Michigan.
Check out www.michigandirtslingers.com
We've got a couple group rides comming up and would love to have another predator join the bunch.

QuadJunkies
03-23-2005, 12:38 AM
Trinity....AWESOME pipe!!!!!!!!

but there customer service STINKS :ermm:

JohnO
03-23-2005, 06:04 AM
I'm using the Yosh carbon fiber. As stated above, the Yosh's have a very distinct sound. We went riding at the Badlands and my riding buds said they could always pick me out over other Preda that were there by the sound of my exhaust. It really helped out in performance and is not to loud either. They are a bit pricey though.

sled_ed 300ex
03-23-2005, 06:06 AM
some people say that the yosh's tend tobreak easily but i dont know do they!!!

JohnO
03-23-2005, 06:14 AM
I have one on my Raptor and on my Pred. I have had no problems with anything breaking. I run some GNCC's, district Hare Scrambles and an occasional MX here and there. Haven't had the Pred but for about 7months but I've had the one on the Raptor for over 3 years. No prblems here.

sled_ed 300ex
03-23-2005, 06:18 AM
thats what i thought cuz you pay a lot for them so they must be good!!!

QuadJunkies
03-23-2005, 08:40 AM
We have heard mixed reviews on the Yoshi. I have been told by a racing company that when you do a few motor mods theYoshi really works well... Then I have heard someone who tested it had to put a dif. head pipe on it to make it work well.... All I do know is that on the dyno chart it actually took a hit on the bottom end and gave less than stock when they first came out . :huh
We are going to test it against our Trinity and see how well it performs .we wanted to maybe get a new pipe this summer and would like to test some before buying anything in case we find the Trinity to be better... I personally am a Yoshi fan myself and have had nothing else on my Honda,so Im hoping it will be a good test !!!! :D

Flynbryan19
03-23-2005, 08:49 AM
I like my HMF. ;)

Picked up quite a bit more bottom end which the pred lacks, and pulls stronger all the way through.

hogriderkev
03-23-2005, 09:11 AM
As stated before. You are easily picked out from the bunch with a Yoshi. I opted for the full system which included the head pipe. One other advantage it is Titanium...which ends up being quite a bit lighter than the stock exhaust. Freeing up some weight to be added to the HP. I am interested to hear the results of Quadjunkies test with the Trinity pipe. I hear that one is sweet too. One thing I will say is that I tried the Pure Polaris Pipe my buddy was selling and it ran good. But when I bought my Yoshi I had to go to a bigger jet. I was getting better flow which meant more power. Quadjunkie, let us know what happens with your testing and if your jetting changed.

QuadJunkies
03-23-2005, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by hogriderkev
As stated before. You are easily picked out from the bunch with a Yoshi. I opted for the full system which included the head pipe. One other advantage it is Titanium...which ends up being quite a bit lighter than the stock exhaust. Freeing up some weight to be added to the HP. I am interested to hear the results of Quadjunkies test with the Trinity pipe. I hear that one is sweet too. One thing I will say is that I tried the Pure Polaris Pipe my buddy was selling and it ran good. But when I bought my Yoshi I had to go to a bigger jet. I was getting better flow which meant more power. Quadjunkie, let us know what happens with your testing and if your jetting changed.

will do ;)

Tyler25
03-23-2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
We have heard mixed reviews on the Yoshi. I have been told by a racing company that when you do a few motor mods theYoshi really works well... Then I have heard someone who tested it had to put a dif. head pipe on it to make it work well.... All I do know is that on the dyno chart it actually took a hit on the bottom end and gave less than stock when they first came out . :huh
We are going to test it against our Trinity and see how well it performs .we wanted to maybe get a new pipe this summer and would like to test some before buying anything in case we find the Trinity to be better... I personally am a Yoshi fan myself and have had nothing else on my Honda,so Im hoping it will be a good test !!!! :D

That sounds GREAT Tina!!! Where are you gonna get the Yoshi from to test against the Trinity! :rolleyes: MAN!.. All those quads and all those mods you Lugan's have!!!!!! I wish I had your money... or good looks... Or WHATEVER it is that gets you all these hook-ups!!!!! :D

QuadJunkies
03-23-2005, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Tyler25
That sounds GREAT Tina!!! Where are you gonna get the Yoshi from to test against the Trinity! :rolleyes: MAN!.. All those quads and all those mods you Lugan's have!!!!!! I wish I had your money... or good looks... Or WHATEVER it is that gets you all these hook-ups!!!!! :D

Thanks Tyler for the Lender!!! :blah: ;)

LMAO!!! We are faaarrrr from having alot of money!! If that were the case, it would be a full Roll Design Predator... :D :cool: :devil:

I just spend ALOT of time doing alot of resumes and be a good sales woman!!Thats what sponsors really like to see as well... .... ;)

the predator
03-23-2005, 06:57 PM
i have the HPD full system and it sounds awesome and gives some great power!! especially down low

fatlab
03-23-2005, 08:03 PM
Thanks everyone for the great info. Planning on getting a pipe here pretty soon!!! and a filter setup. Cya

RAJ
03-24-2005, 06:28 PM
I like my HMF......I also got great trottle response with my twin air clamp on.

JLSLEP500
03-26-2005, 11:46 PM
Has anyone ran LTE's on there Pred.? Just wondering because I need a low db living in Oregon. They claim to have a 93db level.

bman9
03-27-2005, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Mitch_McComb
Bman9:

Noticed you were from Michigan.
Check out www.michigandirtslingers.com
We've got a couple group rides comming up and would love to have another predator join the bunch.

i would like to but im from the u.p. and im sure that the ride would be down there. its a long drive.

Mitch_McComb
03-27-2005, 06:51 PM
Sometimes I forget just how big the UP can be.

Update on the Moose pipe. I had to bring her home in the snow on the back of my truck the other night. Must have gotten some salt from the trucks in front of me. Anyway... It pitted. The paint and outer shell was chipping like a sob.

I sent Moose an e-mail today and they're replacing the pipe with a new one. It should be here in a day or two. Very nice people to work with.

SandAddict_pred
03-28-2005, 04:03 PM
hmf :)

Tyler33
03-31-2005, 01:52 PM
Have any of you had problems with your Yoshi denting? My brother was looking for a used exhaust for his 400ex and every yoshi he found had dents in the can. (3 or 4 different ones i think)

QuadJunkies
03-31-2005, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Tyler33
Have any of you had problems with your Yoshi denting? My brother was looking for a used exhaust for his 400ex and every yoshi he found had dents in the can. (3 or 4 different ones i think) I dented my Yoshi on my EX thanks to a blown rear shock :rolleyes: But I have an Elka on the rear now :)

JohnO
04-01-2005, 06:16 AM
No dents in either of mine.

preddy107
05-02-2005, 07:41 PM
No dents in my rs-3 but hey ive only had it for prolly 4 weeks

mynewtoy
05-09-2005, 07:58 PM
you guys and girls know pipes. Here is my question. How do you repack an e series white brothers. I would like it if someone could give me a step by step. I have a friend (maaudio) coming from Iowa to ride with me in WIS next weekend and I need to repack my pipe so the DNR does not roust me and give me a $400 ticket. Anyone that has done it or anyone that knows of a place on the net that will show me how to repack will be appreciated.

JerryJuice951
04-04-2006, 10:00 PM
Hey Fellas Im new to the forum but by the way I've got a Bills 4 stroke header and silencer and the thing Kicks ***. Ive got other things to make it even better but thats about it for now.(hehehe)
I'd Like to say whats up to all my peps! down in SoCal.

Ride Hard But Be Safe.

calds650
04-05-2006, 06:37 AM
http://members.cox.net/bills500/AAEN.jpg
I have the AAen with Rath header works great

bradley300
04-05-2006, 07:27 AM
i like the square pure polaris exhaust on mine. havent used any others, but i'm satisfied with where and how the power comes on

velo3
04-05-2006, 10:14 AM
I love my HMF Ballance Pro....cant go wrong with an HMF..