PDA

View Full Version : best quiet pipe?

400exrider36
03-21-2005, 08:33 PM
yes, this might have been asked before and i did look, but didnt find much. So, since sound is an issue for many riders, what does everyone think is the best quiet pipe with the most hp gains, etc.?
(...preferably 96dB and under..)

yfzracer220
03-22-2005, 03:59 PM
dr d

400exrider36
03-22-2005, 04:33 PM
they dont come in a full system do they? i see on the site that you can get a headpipe, does it make a difference?

4StrokeThunder
03-22-2005, 04:47 PM
Have the Dr.d full system and love it! It's still loud but not like some of the other systems. I haven't ever had just a slip on so I cant comment on the power gains of the head pipe, but it has awesome low/ mid range power!

400exrider36
03-22-2005, 05:35 PM
alright thanks!

jmpulse
03-22-2005, 10:05 PM
LTE Racing Exaust is getting hp numbers around all other systems out there, while doing 93dB.

sampleez
03-22-2005, 10:16 PM
yeah but it weighs a lot and is pretty high. i got my dr.d race pipe for $220 and it sounds about like a stock 450 dirtbike. and it makes a bunch of low-mid power. i think their header is supposed to give a little more low-mid power as well.

jmpulse
03-22-2005, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by sampleez
yeah but it weighs a lot and is pretty high. i got my dr.d race pipe for $220 and it sounds about like a stock 450 dirtbike. and it makes a bunch of low-mid power. i think their header is supposed to give a little more low-mid power as well.

With the quiet core Dr D just hits 96dB, no where near stock dB. 93dB is quiet enough for even the Oregon dunes, where 96dB will get you points on your driving record & fines.

Chuck_Norris
03-23-2005, 11:09 AM
I am running the White Brother E-series2. as soon as I installed it Dirt Wheels did the quiet pipe shoot out and Duboch was #1 and the Eseries #2 was #2 followed by Bill Ballance's entry.

parkers30
03-23-2005, 12:54 PM
does anyone have the FMF Ti 4 with a quiet core? does the core make a big difference? because this thing is tooo loud and I am lookinf for something to make it better

SRH
03-23-2005, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider36
they dont come in a full system do they? i see on the site that you can get a headpipe, does it make a difference?

dont waste money on a full system, you dont gain any real hp numbers from a header, they change where the power is ...bottom mid top etc, i got the fmf powerbomb headpipe with my dr d because it looks cool thats about it, im very pleased with my dr d

400exrider36
03-23-2005, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by SRH
dont waste money on a full system, you dont gain any real hp numbers from a header, they change where the power is ...bottom mid top etc, i got the fmf powerbomb headpipe with my dr d because it looks cool thats about it, im very pleased with my dr d
yeah, i didnt know that u could do that, i thought they were different because they are part of the full system for fmf, cool:cool:

SRH
03-23-2005, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider36
yeah, i didnt know that u could do that, i thought they were different because they are part of the full system for fmf, cool:cool:

naw if u order the headpipe only it will fit the stock yfz silencer so any slip on will work for it too, you can pick from stainless steel or titanium and they come for moto or sx

jmpulse
03-24-2005, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by SRH

If you are only replacing stock with like header, then this is true. If you get a larger diameter pipe, then the power gains will be in the higher rpm's, unless you have a larger bore motor. Tapered pipes work with all ranges of RPM's, and all sizes of cc's. The problem with selecting an exaust, you need to figure out your goals for the quad, and buy according to that. I am getting good gains from my exaust system, and the more I do to it, the better everything responds.

sampleez
03-27-2005, 04:11 PM
do you have a pic of your exhaust on the 450. i don't think i've seen one on a 450r yet