PDA

View Full Version : DG Swingarm Skidpalte

TargetBow
05-09-2002, 04:03 PM
I just purchased a DG Aluminum Swingarm Skid Plate that I put on my 400EX and I am at a loss as to what to do with my original rubber chain guide that is on the original skid plate. Do I need this rubber chain guide or can I run without it installed? The rubber chain guide does not seem to fit on the new skid plate without some how modifying the rubber. Is anyone running a DG Aluminum Swingarm Skid Plate on there 400EX and if so are you using a chain guide or not? If you are using the original rubber chain guide on the new skid plate could you please let me know how you installed it. Thanks for any help and info. Ed

Sparkles
05-09-2002, 06:03 PM
i still use my chain guide

TargetBow
05-09-2002, 06:07 PM
How did you fasten the chain guide to the new skidplate?

JOEX
05-09-2002, 08:53 PM
An epoxy works.

Joe

TargetBow
05-10-2002, 04:39 AM
Thanks Joe, I didn't even think of something like that. I just had my mind made up that it must be bolted on and did not even think of any other way. I feel so narrow minded for not thinking about fastening it any other way. Sometimes it takes someone else to open up my eyes a little.
Thanks again.
Ed

TargetBow
05-10-2002, 03:47 PM
I got the chain guide fastened to the skidplate with epoxy. Just wanted to let you know and say thanks for the advice Joe.
Thanks again: Ed

05-11-2002, 02:36 PM
i dont got a chaing guide on my dg swingarm, just kind of rubs on the skidplate.........:huh