PDA

View Full Version : Should off-road vehicles be allowed in national parks?

DMH
03-21-2005, 06:34 PM
Backpacker magazine has an online poll and would like to know!

Scroll down to the second question to vote.

http://www.backpacker.com/poll/0,3189,,00.html

standardryder
03-21-2005, 07:09 PM
yes!

Butters
03-21-2005, 08:22 PM
i think they should have trails and special roads that they can drive on.

mx400
03-21-2005, 09:12 PM
yea there is nothing wrong w/ off-road vehicles in national parks. just remember dB level. Here at the badlands the off-road vehicles are allowed anywhere but most of us w/ the vehicles just go to our own private section w/ rock crawlin

TM426
03-21-2005, 09:23 PM
I dont think all national parks should allow OHVs. I know im going to get flamed by some kids up too late for this, but there should be land untouched by tires. You have to admit that OHVs do tear up land or there would not be ruts and paths. But I do have to say that there should be hell of alot more designated spots to ride.

SGA
03-21-2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by TM426
I dont think all national parks should allow OHVs. I know im going to get flamed by some kids up too late for this, but there should be land untouched by tires. You have to admit that OHVs do tear up land or there would not be ruts and paths. But I do have to say that there should be hell of alot more designated spots to ride.
I agree 100%

JOEX
03-21-2005, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by TM426
I agree also.

If we want more access to riding areas we need to show more respect and responsibility to the environment and to the other outdoor enthusiasts.

May we all cross paths on peaceful terms;) :)

DMH
03-24-2005, 07:15 AM
I agree with being responsible and respectful to others, but I think one of our problems are we are too nice. We are willing to share but most of them are not.

That one poll has almost 24000 votes, over 1000 no votes. The average total votes for the other polls are around 1100-1200. That tells me that a very high percentage of them don't want us in the forests at all.

I don't think that OHV’s should be allowed in all forests but we do deserve our fare share to enjoy. We pay for that land also.