PDA

View Full Version : Where are they now?

K-Dub
03-21-2005, 06:03 PM
What and where are Marty Hart, Steve "Too Tight" Wright, Rodney Gentry, Barry McCarty, Charlie Sheppard, Mark Earhardt, Donavon Holland, Greg Staurt, John Scott, Don Turk, and Sean Finnley? I think Gary Denton works for a trailer company, is this correct? And Donny "The Bulldog" Banks runs one of the national mx tracks?
I have been out of riding and racing for 10 years and was wondering what ever become of these racers?

K-Dub
03-22-2005, 05:18 PM
What nobody knows what any of these former atv racers are doing after retirment?

ex kid
03-22-2005, 09:03 PM
last i saw Greg Stuart still races a few desert races out west. Donny Banks raced one of Jones's R's at his track a few years back at a national, and alot of those guys raced the Legends TT race a few years ago too.

Admin
03-22-2005, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by K-Dub
What and where are Marty Hart, Steve "Too Tight" Wright, Rodney Gentry, Barry McCarty, Charlie Sheppard, Mark Earhardt, Donavon Holland, Greg Staurt, John Scott, Don Turk, and Sean Finnley? I think Gary Denton works for a trailer company, is this correct? And Donny "The Bulldog" Banks runs one of the national mx tracks?
I have been out of riding and racing for 10 years and was wondering what ever become of these racers?

Great Guestion, I am looking to get in touch with these guys in the near future;)

K-Dub
03-23-2005, 01:29 AM
Thanks for the replys. Hopefully if you get in touch with them its for an article about Where are they now. Cause these guys was my heros growing up. I know some of them are not any older than Doug Gust, but just must of lost there drive to race.

Wizard Racing
03-23-2005, 05:28 AM
Donny Banks runs his families motorcycle dealership in Macon, Ga. It was started by his grandfather many years ago. It is an interesting story and can be found on his companies website at www.capitolcycle.com.

Donny also has been promoter of the year several times for his mx nationals. He owns two tracks in Macon. As a matter of fact the 6 hrs was ran at one of them this weekend.

Donny is a great guy and I would like to take this opportunity to thank him for all of his support. His company and employees are TOP NOTCH !!!

shep
03-23-2005, 05:53 AM
:bandit: I read in DIRT WHEELS a few years back that Charlie Sheppard got hurt real bad and moved back to Hawaie, and is working his parennt farm, if this is true or not I dont know!!

K-Dub
03-23-2005, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the info guys, keep it coming.

smr
03-24-2005, 11:24 AM
The last I heard Gary Denton was working for Suzuki. I am 99% sure that he is one of the riders in the comercal jumping off the helicopter.