PDA

View Full Version : trx 90 jetting

2strokerider
03-21-2005, 05:16 PM
my brother has a 03 trx90 with a k and n filter and a white brothers R4 slip on. does anybody know a good jetting set up for this.

212racing
03-22-2005, 11:35 PM
make sure needle is in middle spot and start with a 85 main jet, if there are no other mods. check plug and adjust off of reading

quadfamily
03-26-2005, 10:30 AM
I'm in a similar situation but with a stock filter right now. I have the same W/B R4 silencer and we cut a much larger hole in the airbox lid. I've gone up one size on the pilot jet so far(38-40). I was also wondering if anyone has taken out the choke for less air restriction through the carb? I did it on a 300EX and noticed a nice improvement in throttle responseand I also had to rejet for it believe it or not. The thing I'm concerned with is starting the 90 because the TRX 90 does not have an accelerator pump in the carb like the 300EX does. I was thinking of using one of those primer kits that you sandwich between the carb and intake(it's a gasket with a primer tube going through it). Has anyone tried this? I'm shopping for a performance filter for the 90 right now if anyone has a suggestion besides K&N let me know. I was looking into the White Brothers filter. I also have gone up one tooth in the front sprocket because we have 18" rear tires and was thinking of getting a smaller rear sprocket. Thanks for any help and sorry for butting into your thread 2stroke rider but it was pretty much the same question.

212racing
03-26-2005, 08:01 PM
i like the no-toil air filter when we trail rode for the price and it did
great keeping things out and cleaning up. when we trail rode we went 18" but went bigger on rear, 52tooth for low end grunt.
i always kept the choke because of how cold blooded my son's
quad was.

03-26-2005, 09:05 PM
my son has an 02 w/ a 2 stroke silencer. i was told by rob lenard to just move the needl clip down 1 and it worked great. it also fires easyer and idles beter, go figure. i did look into jets and was told they only go up to 90 stock is 85. hope this helps;)

212racing
03-27-2005, 07:23 AM
yes but you can make your own jets easily

just get some stoand some micro drill bits from ace(or any hardware store) and make your jets. you can have what size you need that way.