PDA

View Full Version : What do you like better on cars?

Scott-300ex
03-21-2005, 05:08 PM
carb or fuel injection, i don't know how to make a pool so.

and tell me why

i like carbs

-easy to work on
-can rejet and not half to guess on what lbs injectors to get
-you don't sputter when you hit the rev limiter, just keep goin
-they can take more cuz top fuels need carbs EFI isn't fast enough

thats all i can think of now

and don't say throttle body injection is your favorite

unless it actually is

Stevie-D
03-21-2005, 05:32 PM
depends on the car...

my pickup has TPI. it is very practical for the application. no messing with adjusting this and that on the carb.

however, i also have a 78 thunderbird with a carbuerated 351W. the carb is right out in the open, and easy to work on and adjust as needed.

so i'd say for a daily driver fuel injection is best. for a project car/one that is built, i'd say carb.

Guy400
03-21-2005, 05:33 PM
6 of one, half dozen of the other.

Carbs are cheaper but are far less efficient. EFI systems are nearly infinitely tuneable. If you're willing to learn EFI is the way to go. You can wring so much more horsepower out of a computer controlled motor but it can be a more of a headache getting it set up. I've had numerous carb'd small-block cars (a couple Z28's, S-10's). My next project is another S-10 with a GN engine/powertrain.

SRH
03-21-2005, 05:35 PM
id rather have fuel injection, my last truck before my ranger had a carb, i never had any problems with it except my choke didnt shut off once but that was my fault i didnt let it warm up

bulkdriverlp
03-21-2005, 05:39 PM
i don't know how to make a pool so.

take bunch of 4x4 poles and nail 1"x6" boards all the way around then take big tarp and put it on the ground in the circle you made. fill with water.:o :o j/k

fuel injection because theres no hesitation that you get with most carb set-ups.

Plante400
03-21-2005, 05:40 PM
rides in sig.
what do u think? haha

Butters
03-21-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
6 of one, half dozen of the other.

Carbs are cheaper but are far less efficient. EFI systems are nearly infinitely tuneable. If you're willing to learn EFI is the way to go. You can wring so much more horsepower out of a computer controlled motor but it can be a more of a headache getting it set up. I've had numerous carb'd small-block cars (a couple Z28's, S-10's). My next project is another S-10 with a GN engine/powertrain.

yeah i agree. but most people stick with carbs cause they are usually cheaper and easy to tune and work on. just depends on how serious you are. but in todays time i would learn to work on efi. like Guy said you can get more power out of a car with a computer.

user101
03-21-2005, 09:55 PM
ive had both and i prefer EFI. I just prefer the reliability and performance acheivable out of EFI. plain and simple

Quad18star
03-21-2005, 09:59 PM
EFI is awesome for certain applications ... but a pain in the *** if you really don't know much about them .

Carburated is great for other applications . They are very easy to work on and easy to tune IF you know what you are doing .

Both have Pros and Cons ....I like both . :D

MOFO
03-22-2005, 04:39 AM
EFI... Carb's are nice because they are mechanical and simple... but as Guy stated, once you learn EFI, you'll never want a carb again...

nosliw
03-22-2005, 02:04 PM
only three types of driving in my world

1. hauling heavy crap- fuel injection. carb isnt an option on a diesel:cool:

2. going in a straight line 1320ft as fast as i can- carb. easy to tune and nothing electric to go tits up halfway down the track.

3. muddin'-fuel injection. even though more can go wrong, i like being able to run my wheeler at extreme angles and not have it crap out.

Screamin440
03-22-2005, 04:29 PM
Fuel Injection, no way around it this is what I prefer. I grew up learning fuel injection and how to diagnose it. I have never learned how to diagnose and repair a carb. Also, you never have to worry about letting your EFI vehicle warm up in the morning like you do a carbed vehicle.

WhiteBros400ex
03-22-2005, 05:24 PM
I like carbed trucks and cars

They are easier to work on, alot funner to learn how to drive and you can make more mods and better mods like 4 barrel holley carbs and stuff.

Butters
03-22-2005, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by nosliw
only three types of driving in my world

1. hauling heavy crap- fuel injection. carb isnt an option on a diesel:cool:

2. going in a straight line 1320ft as fast as i can- carb. easy to tune and nothing electric to go tits up halfway down the track.

3. muddin'-fuel injection. even though more can go wrong, i like being able to run my wheeler at extreme angles and not have it crap out.

i just replied to this cause you said tits up. anyways just wanted to let you know thats some funny chit. :p

Got nads?
03-22-2005, 06:37 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bulkdriverlp
[B]i don't know how to make a pool so.

take bunch of 4x4 poles and nail 1"x6" boards all the way around then take big tarp and put it on the ground in the circle you made. fill with water.:o :o j/k

I was going to type that!!!!!:devil:

Scott-300ex
03-22-2005, 09:16 PM
i think you can get more power out of a carb

and i love workin on them and rebuildin them

the angle deal is true, but our truck is carbed and my dad used to go muddin and four-wheelin with his friends all the time and you should have seen the hills he would climb, and i've climbed and it works great

lettin warm up isn't true, i just start it and drive off, it just idles higher but so does fuel injection

and puttin a bigger carb on gives power and puttin a bigger intake on EFI you have to figure out what pound injectors to use, and carbs can take more power easier