PDA

View Full Version : 400ex Gusset kits

bigvforcer
03-21-2005, 04:04 PM
I just got a 2003 400ex from my cousin for 1500 dollars. I traded a dirt bike for it. Anyway, I am wanting to turn this into strictly a race quad. The majority of the racing will be XC but a few mx races will be thrown in there as well. I am looking for a gusset kit I can buy to gussett the frame. If there is not a kit available can anyone tell me where to gussett.

I have to completely tear down the quad to rebuild the motor, port and polish the head, new cam, 416 kit, different shocks, different a-arms, different axle and many other mods

One more question, what length a-arms should I run for the a-arms. I am going +2 adjustable on the axle but the front is my big question. We will be racing this quad in the 12 hours this year if everything goes well.

ReconRider25
03-21-2005, 06:47 PM
i made my own gussets. i basically just looked at the pics of rico's frame where he gussetted it and i made cardboard patterns and traced onto steel plate and then they were tigwelded in place. along with fixing the cracks at the top motor mounts in my frame.:eek: heres a link to his website that shows where they are.http://www.ricoracing.netfirms.com/