PDA

View Full Version : 22's on a 450r?

Punk'd
03-21-2005, 03:30 PM
Is this a good idea?

hondaryder42
03-21-2005, 03:37 PM
if you like to bounce down the trail with hardly any control.

oh yeah it also looks very bad :(

iceracer65
03-21-2005, 03:41 PM
youd have to re-gear too...like a 12 or 13T.

turboTony
03-21-2005, 04:33 PM
You do lose a little handling but gain clearance. I guess it depends on what kind of riding you do and what kind of terrain...

chad502ex
03-21-2005, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by hondaryder42

that was F'n dumb-arse comment

03-21-2005, 05:04 PM

oh yeah it also looks very bad :( you might be the dumbest mofo ever...I have 22"s on mine and love it for hard trai lriding..oh yah, I also have stock gearing too but with an HMF exhaust

jeepnrocks
03-21-2005, 05:18 PM
like they said it all depends on your riding area and your personal preferences. You may be going for top speed or ride in an area where ground clearance is a major issue. There is nothing at all wrong with a 22, you just have to decide if its the right tire for you.

ThumPIN_450R
03-21-2005, 05:58 PM
maybe he's talking about rims!!:cool: :D

Scro
03-21-2005, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by ThumPIN_450R
maybe he's talking about rims!!:cool: :D

hahah.....i think your right:rolleyes:

Punk'd
03-21-2005, 10:31 PM
lol no tires.

Punk'd
03-21-2005, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
you might be the dumbest mofo ever...I have 22"s on mine and love it for hard trai lriding..oh yah, I also have stock gearing too but with an HMF exhaust

Could you put a pictures up of your bike. What kind of tires do you have?

03-22-2005, 08:44 AM
razr's= best pic. I have http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid156/peac3a3526966b4efd453792dc980fe63/f54dd298.jpg

03-22-2005, 10:15 AM
22's will make your 450r look like a "Big Red" 3-wheeler.

Mike545
03-22-2005, 11:21 AM
to all the experts out there, and i say that loosely. if you ride where i do in Tower City pa, where theres alot of rock and shale and did i say rock, use 20's and you will loose alot of aluminum off the underneath or dent the heck out the swing arm, trust me. in the dunes is diff then the rocks.

chad502ex
03-22-2005, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Mike545
to all the experts out there, and i say that loosely. if you ride where i do in Tower City pa, where theres alot of rock and shale and did i say rock, use 20's and you will loose alot of aluminum off the underneath or dent the heck out the swing arm, trust me. in the dunes is diff then the rocks.

i ride tower city- actually slightly north in Mt.Carmel Frackville area. same terrafirma. your right tho, if you don't have clearance your underside is toast!

03-22-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by force
22's will make your 450r look like a "Big Red" 3-wheeler. i take it you have ZERO experience with 22's on a 450r :rolleyes:

red2004 TRX450R
03-22-2005, 03:13 PM
i run 23"f and 22"r
and they work great.

I dont know if I would go with the 23"f ever a gain but the 22"R are great!!! lots of clearance!!! with the tires and full PRM I dont even think about the rutts and rock, just give it gas!!!!!!

it seams a little top heavy in the turns but handles as well as stockers. but that may be cause they are not radials?

all they are razor2's

Mike545
03-22-2005, 05:35 PM
race bike in the woods, ya got to do what ya have too.:D

03-23-2005, 10:09 AM
i take it you have ZERO experience with 22's on a 450r :rolleyes:

let's see a pic of 22's on your quad.
come on, show me those balloons!!
lol

i know all about 22's. Let's not forget I owned/raced a 250R for several years (starting 13 years ago, when I was 15).

Ground clearance with 22's on the rear is great. But, it usually makes your quad look totally stupid. Sooooooooooo, it's a trade off. Which is more important....looks?.....or clearance?

That's why 20's are usually a happy medium.

spincr4hire
03-23-2005, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Mike545
race bike in the woods, ya got to do what ya have too.:D

yeah, looks aint important when your in the woods for 2 plus hours, especially if its rutted out.

03-23-2005, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by spincr4hire
yeah, looks aint important when your in the woods for 2 plus hours, especially if its rutted out. don't tell that to force tho...he's apparently all about "looks"

hondaryder42
03-23-2005, 11:43 AM
well i have 22" 20" and 18" i do find better control with 20's for a variety of terrain. side hilling for example. you get less "bounce" with smaller tires and less wheel spin, but yes 22's are better in ruts if you cant control your machine. i straddle such obstacles.I guess i should have expected some childish name calling from you mike . you show your self as a pompass loud mouth through out all these forums. dont' be fooled by the junior member i have only started using this new i.d for my work computer. i probably have more riding years than you are old !!

roughrider01
03-23-2005, 12:23 PM
Ground clearance with 22's on the rear is great. But, it usually makes your quad look totally stupid. Sooooooooooo, it's a trade off. Which is more important....looks?.....or clearance?

Dont tell me youre one of them guys that puts dubs and a mink seat on your 4wheeler.

spincr4hire
03-23-2005, 12:24 PM
but yes 22's are better in ruts if you cant control your machine. i straddle such obstacles.

sometimes you can't avoid ruts, the trail may become so tight there just isn't a way around it other than going in the path that is before you. Race a GNCC and you'll see where I'm coming from, it really has nothing to do with riding ability.

03-23-2005, 02:44 PM
well i have 22" 20" and 18" i do find better control with 20's for a variety of terrain. side hilling for example. you get less "bounce" with smaller tires and less wheel spin, but yes 22's are better in ruts if you cant control your machine. i straddle such obstacles.I guess i should have expected some childish name calling from you mike . you show your self as a pompass loud mouth through out all these forums. dont' be fooled by the junior member i have only started using this new i.d for my work computer. i probably have more riding years than you are old !! your'e cool...i guess i should look up to you since you "have more riding years then I am old" :rolleyes:

03-24-2005, 07:09 AM
don't tell that to force tho...he's apparently all about "looks"

i like to have a combination of both!!
you want your quad to function......but at the same time you don't want made fun of.

Mike, if you REALLY wanted a quad that went good in the ruts, you would have bought a Foreman. They have utility classes at the GNCC's. You can race a Foreman just the same as you can an R.

But, the R is cooler, right?

03-24-2005, 09:52 AM
i like to have a combination of both!!
you want your quad to function......but at the same time you don't want made fun of.

Mike, if you REALLY wanted a quad that went good in the ruts, you would have bought a Foreman. They have utility classes at the GNCC's. You can race a Foreman just the same as you can an R.

But, the R is cooler, right? i dont race and I already have a utility

03-24-2005, 10:02 AM
i dont race and I already have a utility

well, for the sake of ending this argument, i'll believe you.

but, it's really easy to say you have a utility. here, let me try.....

i don't race and I already have a utility

see how easy that was?

Look, typically when i post something, I do not try to be an arse-hole. I try to state the obvious with common sense and a little humor thrown in. And, every time I do, people get all in a tizzy.

03-24-2005, 11:11 AM
well, for the sake of ending this argument, i'll believe you.

but, it's really easy to say you have a utility. here, let me try.....

i don't race and I already have a utility

see how easy that was?

Look, typically when i post something, I do not try to be an arse-hole. I try to state the obvious with common sense and a little humor thrown in. And, every time I do, people get all in a tizzy. its just as easy for you to try and tell me you have a 450r...here let me try :rolleyes:

05 TRX450R Black
-HMF Full Exhaust
-Advantage Nerfs
-Maier Race Hood (in cabinet...doesn't fit)

Scro
03-24-2005, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by sunco
I have 22's - holeshots. I only like the tread. I run these tires in the winter to get thru the snow. I don't race but love the gncc. what size do they run? My guess is that it depends on the race course. I'm riding in NJ/PA. All are good points as to why & why not. It just comes down to whats gonna work best for you. I'll take a picture when I get to it - mine are still on but I can't wait to get them off. I have the stock tires on stock rims (side wall gash in front & honda wants to much $ so I chose nothing) & my others are the holeshots w/ beadlock rims. Good luck Man.

you dont race but you love gncc....isnt that what they call an oxymoron???:D (never was good in english...lol)

Mike545
03-24-2005, 04:38 PM
hondaryder42, i dont think i was pompas at all, just get tired of the "attitude" i see on the boards, have you been riding for 36years? humm atvs started in 81.:rolleyes:

Scro
03-25-2005, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by sunco
Hey I thought that "oxymoron" as u say it is the stuff to clean up ones face?

your joking...right?

03-25-2005, 10:07 AM
its just as easy for you to try and tell me you have a 450r...here let me try :rolleyes:

05 TRX450R Black
-HMF Full Exhaust
-Advantage Nerfs
-Maier Race Hood (in cabinet...doesn't fit)

here you go
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=139732

i never claimed to have a tricked out quad......but at least it's proof I have one!!

by the way, that was posted back in January. I want to see a pic of your quad with 22's. You've managed to side step that question.

03-25-2005, 11:17 AM
look on page 1 dumbass ;) theres a pic. of me there ...i can get a better one tonight

03-25-2005, 01:41 PM
look on page 1 dumbass ;) theres a pic. of me there ...i can get a better one tonight

hey dumbass, that pic is pretty far away.
are you ashamed of your quad?
hard to tell if those are 22's from that distance.........then again, maybe that's why you posted it.

:rolleyes:

Scro
03-25-2005, 01:58 PM
hard to tell if those are 22's from that distance.........then again, maybe that's why you posted it.

:rolleyes:

if you cant tell that those are 22's, then you dont need to be on a quad. You need to go to a forum for little kids that like to start ****

03-25-2005, 02:16 PM

:rolleyes: if they are so much like balloon tires then you should be able to tell and its not that far away..

Kilabanshee
03-27-2005, 02:35 PM
Pics of my 416ex. I have 22" kenda klaw xcf front tires and 22" holeshot xcr rear tires. I love the clearance the taller tires provide. I was up at rausch creek not to long ago and still had no problem jumping or cornering fast around turns even with the 22" tires.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid134/p1e8f76e665727b8f43c4ce6dd810b1cf/f76e21b4.jpg

Scro
03-27-2005, 09:13 PM
those look like 20s to me

03-27-2005, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by bama450r
those look like 20s to me i agree but didnt say anything b/c wasn't too sure

Meek
03-27-2005, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by spincr4hire
yeah, looks aint important when your in the woods for 2 plus hours, especially if its rutted out.

I just picked up a set of 22 inch rear Kenda Klaws saturday, hope my Hipers show up before we leave for NC. I hope it is not muddy enough to need them, but you never know.

03-28-2005, 10:02 AM
those look like 20s to me

hey, bama

if you cant tell that those are 22's, then you dont need to be on a quad. You need to go to a forum for little kids that like to start ****

Scro
03-28-2005, 10:28 AM
hey, bama

holeshot doesnt make a 22 inch XCR....holeshot (http://www.itptires.com/holeshot.html)

dont say nothin if you dont know anything about it

how can you say that the front and the rear are the same size...just because someone else says that they are???:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

by the way....you comin to nc this weekend....you say that gncc is you passion....

harescrambler45
03-28-2005, 10:28 AM
if those are xcr's,which they look like, then they are 20".you have to go with xct to get 22".i ran the 20" for a while and liked them just had to go with 22" cause kept high centering at the races.

03-28-2005, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by harescrambler45
if those are xcr's,which they look like, then they are 20".you have to go with xct to get 22".i ran the 20" for a while and liked them just had to go with 22" cause kept high centering at the races.

yeah, i didn't think they were 22's either. I was just using bama's "quoted" remarks to make him look bad.

03-28-2005, 10:51 AM
holeshot doesnt make a 22 inch XCR....holeshot (http://www.itptires.com/holeshot.html)

dont say nothin if you dont know anything about it

how can you say that the front and the rear are the same size...just because someone else says that they are???:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

by the way....you comin to nc this weekend....you say that gncc is you passion....

bama, you are just being stupid.

i never said anything about the front and rear tires being the same.

just because gncc is my passion, doesn't mean i'm able to make it to every race. i love gncc.........you know, kind of the way you love Michael Bolton.
just because you love Michael, doesn't mean you're able to hang at his house all day.

Scro
03-28-2005, 12:17 PM
well...i dont know what your talkin about sayin i love michael bolton...lol....but, in regard to the statement about the tires....you stated: "if you cant tell that those are 22's, then you dont need to be on a quad. You need to go to a forum for little kids that like to start ****" This clearly implies that you think that they are 22's......if not, then you yourself do not need to be on a quad, since you cant tell that they are 22's...understand?

Scro
03-28-2005, 12:19 PM

i never said anything about the front and rear tires being the same.

i know you didnt, but you agreed that they were 22's...if you read the whole post, he stated that the fronts were also 22's. just by comparison alone....you can tell that they are 20s

Scro
03-28-2005, 12:21 PM
i also know that if i was so passionate about gncc....i would make a trip from west virginia to north carolina....heck im comin from bama:D

Scro
03-28-2005, 12:36 PM
im just tryin to state my frustration.....i mean...u come in here startin stuff with my man from tenn and now startin stuff with me....grow up "mr. ivebeenridinglongerthanyouareold"....when im 28....i sure as hell wont be coming onto websites calling people "stupid"

03-28-2005, 12:51 PM
force is ignorant to whats right in front of his face...hes dug himself in a whole of being completely wrong in this thread and every response he gives us puts him deeper in it...he would be smart right now if he didn't respond to this for it will just make him look even dumber. Go ride you 20" and look "cool" :rolleyes: I guess im just a big loser for having "Balloon" tires on my 450r for trails

Kilabanshee
03-28-2005, 01:54 PM
I had 22" kendas before and got confused. I swore I ordered the same size xcr tire. They are a 20" xcr ties. Sorry for the confusion lmao!:devil: :eek2:

Scro
03-28-2005, 02:01 PM
lol

03-28-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Kilabanshee
I had 22" kendas before and got confused. I swore I ordered the same size xcr tire. They are a 20" xcr ties. Sorry for the confusion lmao!:devil: :eek2: doesn't matter...one of our members now looks like a total *** b/c of you and is in hideout :blah:

Kilabanshee
03-28-2005, 06:28 PM
Or maybe I said they were 22" tires to see if anyone would catch the flaw:blah:

03-29-2005, 10:07 AM

well, well, well
it looks like mr. bama is the ignorant one here. If you scroll back to page 3 of this post, you will see that bama wrote this message first. I merely did a copy and paste of what he said, just as a joke.

Seems like what we have here are a couple little sh** starters that are teaming up on poor little force. What about hondaryder42? He agreed with me. I can see what you two are doing (bama, mix master). It appears that you guys are the childish ones.

Anyway, if you guys weren't all about being "cool", then you wouldn't have bought a 450R. And, you wouldn't have named yourself MixMasterMike.

As for this thread....

Peace, I'm out.

Scro
03-29-2005, 10:12 AM

I'm out.

thank you

03-29-2005, 12:38 PM
I'm out. goodbye ;) i'm going to go be "cool" since I bought a 450r and my name is mixmastermike... :confused: :rolleyes:

Meek
03-29-2005, 09:31 PM
This thread went down hill fast

markk
03-30-2005, 12:22 AM

I dont think u know what your talkin about!:D

22's arent bad on a 450r, But u will almost for sure want to run a 13t front sprocket with them, And keep and eye on the front sprocket they wear kinda quick!

300racer
03-30-2005, 01:43 AM
I don't think that my 450 looked like it had balloon tires on it when I ran razor 2's but this a pic of it with kinda's and they look like balloon tires but they worked really good just needed a thicker sidewall. now I am runnin 23's razor 2's front and 22 holshot rears and it works great! just as long as you get a 13 tooth front sprocket. I think the 14 tooth is almost to tall for the stock 20's (JMO)

03-30-2005, 05:13 AM
thank you mr. sunco and mr. 300racer.

now people can see the size difference.
thanks again.

Scro
03-30-2005, 07:20 AM
maybe the reason you couldnt tell that mike tires werent 22's was because his suspension was unloaded....this wouldnt be so obvious to someone with no experience. with the latter two, they were on the ground, hence making them look bigger

03-30-2005, 09:58 AM
maybe the reason you couldnt tell that mike tires werent 22's was because his suspension was unloaded....this wouldnt be so obvious to someone with no experience. with the latter two, they were on the ground, hence making them look bigger

Cool, thanks bama. I'm glad that's cleared up now. I don't know what I was thinking this whole time!! Lol. Geez. I apologize.
All this time, it was right in front of my face. If you want to run 22" tires, but don't want them to look big and balloony, all you have to do is ride on your front tires.

Thanks again, bama.
:)

03-30-2005, 12:55 PM
Cool, thanks bama. I'm glad that's cleared up now. I don't know what I was thinking this whole time!! Lol. Geez. I apologize.
All this time, it was right in front of my face. If you want to run 22" tires, but don't want them to look big and balloony, all you have to do is ride on your front tires.

Thanks again, bama.
:) everytime you respond to this thread you look more dumb. ;)

03-30-2005, 01:14 PM
everytime you respond to this thread you look more dumb. ;)

great comeback, dude

it's so original.

Scro
03-30-2005, 01:21 PM
thought you said you leaving.....go practice, god knows you prolly need it

TrX450rKiD
03-30-2005, 02:36 PM
I think I could feel my IQ dropping as I read this thread :huh

chad502ex
03-30-2005, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by TrX450rKiD
I think I could feel my IQ dropping as I read this thread :huh

didn't you say you were leaving??

I'm gone, just another person that is leaving due to the personality of Chad. PEACE

i thought we got rid of the trouble-maker,.....

:(

hondaryder42
03-30-2005, 03:52 PM
well this has been entertaining!! and even though not everyone agrees here is the facts. Honda has been put down due to their r+d of the rear suspension. already in several forums people have described side to side swap or fishtail effect. also everyone swaps out the rear shock or adds gt rear link (i have done also)
this is because the back is too tall and too springy. if you put 22 s on you will only make this problem worse, unless you have also done some extra mods. a stock with 22 s does NOT handle great,
i ride aggressive trail and found it is scary when you hit something unexpected. it was worse with (balloons) on. yes you will get stuck less and more clearance with 22s but you do lose handling. the machine looks meaner lower , it totally kills the look with big tires. sorry that one is just an opinion not facts.

but back to kidding, maybe mixmaster just hit a bump when his pic was taken :cool: :cool: but its still a cool pic

TrX450rKiD
03-30-2005, 04:48 PM
Don't even try with the quotes Chad .. you have made yourself look like an idiot too many times with those. I'm not taking part in threads that you are in that turn into PC bash-fests. Apparently you like making threads worse the site that you enjoy. You try to start something with me when I said nothing negative to you or anyone else. I'm outta this one too.

PS .. who is the trouble-maker here? I think there is a general agreement on that ...

chad502ex
03-30-2005, 05:45 PM
Don't even try with the quotes Chad .. you have made yourself look like an idiot too many times with those. I'm not taking part in threads that you are in that turn into PC bash-fests. Apparently you like making threads worse the site that you enjoy. You try to start something with me when I said nothing negative to you or anyone else. I'm outta this one too.

PS .. who is the trouble-maker here? I think there is a general agreement on that ...

LOL!:devil:

i would bet that every thread you post on is either a "plug" for the other site, or something negative about this site, or a smart-arse comment like "you have become dumber reading this thread".

at least i offer a technical side to the ppl here instead of bash them on every post made. You seem to never make a technical post, hmm- i bet cause your just a feeble-minded litt'l kid. No sense in even argue'n with a kid.

yes, there is a list of six or so that i look out to pounce on and your at the top of that list!

BYE littl KiD, go run to your little tree fort!

TrX450rKiD
03-30-2005, 05:57 PM
Your maturity shines through! http://www.trx450r.org/forum/uploads/post-696-1105671696.gif

chad502ex
03-30-2005, 06:07 PM
Your maturity shines through! http://www.trx450r.org/forum/uploads/post-696-1105671696.gif

BYE!

450 Racer R
03-30-2005, 06:09 PM
lol, trx450rkid. Stop posting stupid **** on this site. Maturity? If you're calling yourself more mature...:rolleyes: lol you wouldn't respond if your maturity level was higher. Saying things like "I'm dumb after reading this" is mature in your opinion? As a sponsor at your site, I'm asking you to stop posting dumb **** here. I'll be creating a thread over on your site in a minute. you can look for it.

03-30-2005, 06:30 PM
who woulda thought a thread on some 22" tires for a 450r could go so downhill?

450 Racer R
03-30-2005, 06:36 PM
not to start anything or put anyone down, but it seems like it's been .org vs exriders lately. it's just stupid.

chad502ex
03-30-2005, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by 450 Racer R
not to start anything or put anyone down, but it seems like it's been .org vs exriders lately. it's just stupid.

actually- it's not org vs riders. we all get along except a couple. that's ok cause that's everywhere in life. it's all good!!
:D

one more thing,... i appreciate you interviening and working this out. thanks.

04-01-2005, 06:29 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid150/pf97e18243833938ba7e7484e49a866f3/f5e734f4.jpg

04-02-2005, 02:27 PM
razr's= best pic. I have http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid156/peac3a3526966b4efd453792dc980fe63/f54dd298.jpg

Next time you do a stoppie i hope you go all the way over and support the weight of the quad with your forehead.....

Put on a helmet dumb@$$

04-02-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by D23QuadMXer
Next time you do a stoppie i hope you go all the way over and support the weight of the quad with your forehead.....

Put on a helmet dumb@$$ ok mom :rolleyes:

Crash929
04-02-2005, 04:04 PM
I've actually thought about going with 22's for different terrain. I like to ride nice smooth areas with jumps and what not but everyone I ride with likes to ride rocky utility type trails.:huh (and you bought a sports quad why???) lol

Gets real annoying because I don't like to bash my bikes up. So what I was going to do is have a set of 22's for when I ride with my rock loving family and friends and have my 20's ready for my type of trails.

I think with a properly tuned aftermarket suspension and gearing you should be able to make the switch fairly easy and have the machine handle great.

Does anyone think like me or am I alone? I would like to hear what everyone thinks. :D

YFZ450Ridr
04-02-2005, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Crash929
I've actually thought about going with 22's for different terrain. I like to ride nice smooth areas with jumps and what not but everyone I ride with likes to ride rocky utility type trails.:huh (and you bought a sports quad why???) lol

Gets real annoying because I don't like to bash my bikes up. So what I was going to do is have a set of 22's for when I ride with my rock loving family and friends and have my 20's ready for my type of trails.

I think with a properly tuned aftermarket suspension and gearing you should be able to make the switch fairly easy and have the machine handle great.

Does anyone think like me or am I alone? I would like to hear what everyone thinks. :D

i think id have to agree with you on that one. i think a good tire would be the knarly 21'' for trails myself.

Chango
04-02-2005, 10:13 PM
You can use 22 for the rear you will loose power but you should also change the front to a 23 this is normal for desert racing they are also going to even taller tires like 25--26 in. but like i said you will lack power but a simple honda power up kit and a high compression piston with a pipe and you will be back in there .I run 23 frt.20 rear untill after summer the season break and i will be adding these mods to mine .Untill you do the motor mods i would stick to the stock tires ..

Bender
04-03-2005, 06:31 AM
You do not need motor mods to run 22's man. The tires are bigger, but not that you need mods to run them. I run 22's on my 250R thats set up for the woods, tight rocky north east trails. Much better than 20's. Do worry about the looks, those peolple stay that havn't ridden enough to know what works or not. The handling is not an issue unless you're on a going to MX on a track with them on.
Not only do you get the clearence, it's much easier to pull out of ruts and better in the mud. The ride is a bit less jarring. Many people run 22's in GNCC.

02 Red Rider
04-03-2005, 09:16 PM
I prefer 22" tires for the riding I do. The difference between a 20 and 22 in rutty, rocky, and super muddy conditions is night and day for me. But that is MY preference and opinion.

Here are some pics for reference:

1> 20 and 22 Razr 2

02 Red Rider
04-03-2005, 09:20 PM
22" Razr 2

02 Red Rider
04-03-2005, 09:24 PM
22 Razr

Chango
04-05-2005, 05:04 PM
Well Bender i think he asked for a 450R not a 250 you are giving info on somthing you don't know any thing about four strokes pull diffrent than 2 strokes so i would say no you don't have to but i would say you will be dissapointed with the power even with the 13 counter shaft sprockett..the lack of compression in the 450 is one of the reasons

Meek
04-06-2005, 02:45 AM
Kenda Klaw 22x11x9

Ran them this past weekend at NC GNCC, loved them and never got stuck in the mud. I just need to drop 1 tooth on the front sprocket next time. I smoked the clutch in the process.

Bender
04-06-2005, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by Chango
Well Bender i think he asked for a 450R not a 250 you are giving info on somthing you don't know any thing about four strokes pull diffrent than 2 strokes so i would say no you don't have to but i would say you will be dissapointed with the power even with the 13 counter shaft sprockett..the lack of compression in the 450 is one of the reasons

Chingo,
What ever your name is. No kidding, 2 strokes are different. They have less torque to pull big tires. 2 strokes have way less compression.
I probably have put more seat time on a 450R than quite a few owners of 450R's the boards. If you think a 250R has more low end than a 450R or most 4 strokes, I want what you're smoking.
That was the longest run on sentence I've read in a long time here, you school sucks, maybe you should go back. I've raced ATC 250Rs, Tecates,400EX's in XC and baja all with 22's. I may be on a new R this summer, just got to wait and see what Suzuki brings to the table first.

Chango
04-06-2005, 04:51 PM
Well maybe you can trade your pig or goat for a new ride .Then you won't have to bumb rides from you friends.You've never even been to BAJA I would know .Bender you have more seat time maybe because you sit on them at your local dealer and wish you could own one.

Meek
04-07-2005, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Chango
Well maybe you can trade your pig or goat for a new ride .Then you won't have to bumb rides from you friends.You've never even been to BAJA I would know .Bender you have more seat time maybe because you sit on them at your local dealer and wish you could own one.

Might want to take it easy on the meds, bud. You sound a little to worked up over these 22 inch tires. :D