PDA

View Full Version : SUSPENSION GURU's

countypark
03-21-2005, 03:12 PM
If my rear end is swapping side to side when pounding thru small whoops what should I do.

Add more compression or reduce?

bradley300
03-21-2005, 08:17 PM
does it start as soon as you hit whoops or once your a few in? if its starts after youve done a whoop or two, you need to speed up the rebound

nosliw
03-21-2005, 08:32 PM
i'm really glad this question was asked, mine does it too. very nerve-racking when your singing in 4th and all of a sudden you start fishtailing!

how do i speed up rebound on a stock 400ex rear shock? hard i'm assuming but i have both setting all the way hard and it still does it?

cdalejef
03-22-2005, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by nosliw

how do i speed up rebound on a stock 400ex rear shock? hard i'm assuming but i have both setting all the way hard and it still does it? Thats your problem right there! You need to back off the compression and rebound. Try going halfway on each then adjust from there.
Turning the adjusters clockwise slows down compression and rebound, turning counter clockwise speeds up comression and rebound.

Lance F
03-22-2005, 10:28 AM
Also getting a steering stabilizer will drastically reduce the rearend swapping out like your talking about.

nosliw
03-22-2005, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Thats your problem right there! You need to back off the compression and rebound. Try going halfway on each then adjust from there.
Turning the adjusters clockwise slows down compression and rebound, turning counter clockwise speeds up comression and rebound.

:rolleyes: @ me

thanks buddy, i'll try it when i ride tomorrow...