PDA

View Full Version : 450r vs raptor 660r

jcow07
03-21-2005, 02:19 PM
im having a hard time deciding whether to get a honda 450r or a raptor 660r. which of the frames would be stronger and which would last me longer? im just a trail rider. i dont do jumps or race it so its gunna stay completly stock. if possible could you tell me the pros and cons for each? thanks

albaraptor660
03-21-2005, 08:39 PM
whats up hey i would go with the raptor 660 and not the 450r because the 450 is a kick start and is hard to start when cold or hot and the carb on the 450r restricts the power of the 450r i run a 2002 raptor and its the best i have been on a 450r and a yfz trust me the raptor rocks

chris

kevo081
03-21-2005, 10:51 PM
if i were you i would get the 450r. the only way i would get a raptor is if it was a 2005 model. the raptor seems a bit to tippy to keep stock and to ride trails in. yes the kick start is a bad thing buy hey .... its reliable. honda is also known for how long there quads last so therefore i would go ahead and get the 450r.

akraptor
03-22-2005, 08:38 PM
go with the 05 Raptor. much better trail ride than 450r. plus reverse helps alot. it is taller. but if your trail riding. i don't think you will be doing 60mph then turning real sharp? well. i'm not that stupid. but the 05 raptor is a nice machine. i have no complaints with mine.

Toadz400
03-22-2005, 09:12 PM
Go with the Raptor. Awesome torque for the trails and the reverse is going to be a plus. After I rode a Raptor for the first time, I wanted to get one but I thought it through and knew that it wouldn't be the best quad for me. But if you just trail ride, I don't see any other quad being better than the Raptor.

Sportrax10
03-23-2005, 09:56 AM
Id say get the 450r, it has better handling. They both have great power. Unless reverse is 100% necessary, even then id get an 05 400ex or z400. Having a kickstart is great, BTW.

Good luck with your choice...

03-23-2005, 11:34 AM
1. get the craptor if you want to work on your quad more then you ride it
2. get the craptor if you want to handle like **** everywhere
3. get the craptor if you are an idiot

get the 450r...the guy who said the honda is hard to start in cold is obviously number 3 above

MSL
03-23-2005, 01:52 PM
If you want it for the woods and the trails and you can afford a 450R then IMO go with the 450R:cool: It has more than enough power to get you most anywhere you want to go.

Reverse is nice but reliability is even nicer;)

03-23-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
1. get the craptor if you want to work on your quad more then you ride it
2. get the craptor if you want to handle like **** everywhere
3. get the craptor if you are an idiot

get the 450r...the guy who said the honda is hard to start in cold is obviously number 3 above

iv raced 450r and yfz and my raptor kills them and i never have work on my besides cleaning it up for the dune shows before the races

MSL
03-23-2005, 02:18 PM
iv raced 450r and yfz and my raptor kills them and i never have work on my besides cleaning it up for the dune shows before the races

As impressive as that is:rolleyes: the man said he was a trail rider and out of the two choices he gave I still believe the 450R is the better quad;)

03-23-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Nac's racing199
iv raced 450r and yfz and my raptor kills them and i never have work on my besides cleaning it up for the dune shows before the races i bet you had to mod your raptor cause it blew up & wa sgetting stomped by stock 450's :devious:

03-23-2005, 05:52 PM
i have never blow my raptor up and the 40s where not stock the trx had a curtis sparks with uni air filter and jetted and the yfz had gyt-r kit pipe air filter jet kit ps this wa in the dunes and i have skat trak hauler nd they both had sand stars

03-23-2005, 05:54 PM
i have never blow my raptor up and the 450s where not stock the trx had a curtis sparks with uni air filter and jetted and the yfz had gyt-r kit pipe air filter jet kit ps this wa in the dunes and i have skat trak hauler nd they both had sand stars

sorry i ment 450s not 40s lol

jcow07
03-23-2005, 06:42 PM
what about if im going to be going through some mud every now and then? ive never had an atv with a chain. how do these do in the mud and what do you think would be the best atv? thanks

03-23-2005, 07:25 PM
kawasaki kfx 700

2004400exa
03-26-2005, 05:06 PM
i would say go with the 450 it might suck with kick srtart but if u go in the mud all your electric goes to hell and and the kick start will proubly make it last longer the raptor on the other hand sucks!!!!! were i live people hate raptors they may have good eccleration and other stuff but there to tall and could flip easy and if he wants to go trail riding go with the 450r cuase of better handling and suspension

450r
uni air filter
curtis sparks exhaust
loony tune exhaust (double)
jet kit
alba rev limiter
elka shocks
allow dg nerf bars

Jake250r
03-27-2005, 07:02 PM
My brother and my dad both have craptors. I say craptor only to piss them off. My opinion of them is: the only time i like them is wheelie-ing, bicycling, and trails... and dunes too. As far as that goes i'd say Raptor. Kind of sounds like you don't do much maintenance either so again i'll say Raptor. Whatever you do DO NOT buy a 2001 raptor. And another thing raptors idle at 1500 rpms, if you idle them lower than that your starter clutch kicks in and will run the whole time it's below 1500 rpms. my bro burned his out cause of that, my uncle's too before his got stolen. (I'm the only two-stroker, and only honda in the family.) Raptors do good in mud with the right tires.

rwhitaker04
03-27-2005, 07:52 PM
hmm...imo id say get a 400ex...has good power, (best) stock frame besides its larger brother, most reliablitiy, okay its air cooled but thats okay. nothing to go threw your raditator, if u got the money for a craptor buy either a 400ex and drop money into it or buy a 450r and save up..

Reason for not getting a CRAPTOR=
1.because of yamaha?quad isnt worth the money
2.a-arms are to damn weak.
3.arent very good quads to upgrade.
4.who needs 70mph for trails..thats just obsolete.

Reason for a HONDA=
1.RELIABILITY RELIABILITY RELIABLITIY
2.UPGRADES ARE NEVER ENDING
3.TOP PROS IN BOTH GNC AND GNCC RIDE RED.
4.BOTH HAVE GOOD POWER AND GOOD HISTORY

03-27-2005, 08:06 PM
RAPTORS SUCK....get the 450r

03-27-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by rwhitaker04
hmm...imo id say get a 400ex...has good power, (best) stock frame besides its larger brother, most reliablitiy, okay its air cooled but thats okay. nothing to go threw your raditator, if u got the money for a craptor buy either a 400ex and drop money into it or buy a 450r and save up..

Reason for a HONDA=

i just reported you cuz you are bashing my qaud and if i did that to a hond i would be banned so thats hope it is the same for you plzz dont bash the raptor it is a good qaud and could beat all the honda qaud in a drag race and in the dunes so they dont suck if they can beat all the honda qauds in the dunes unless you think honda qauds are suckyer i dont think that i thinking on getting a project honda 250x or 250r with a crf 250 motor

03-27-2005, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by exracer64
RAPTORS SUCK....get the 450r

i reported you for saying raptors suck just cuz if i said that about a 400ex i would get banned so thats hope it work the same if u bash a yamaha

ZRider400
03-28-2005, 07:19 AM
i reported you for saying raptors suck just cuz if i said that about a 400ex i would get banned so thats hope it work the same if u bash a yamaha

:rolleyes:

03-28-2005, 07:20 AM

thats stupid...ur not a mod....u cant get in trouble for not liking other people quads....

#1 freedom of speech
#2 its not swearing
#3 ur not a mod...leave it up to them

MSL
03-28-2005, 07:40 AM

What a Bonehead:rolleyes:

Grow up.

raptorrider
03-28-2005, 02:32 PM

Reason for a HONDA=

Ok,
The A-Arms are not weak, unless you cant ride and hit trees
There are just as many mods for a Raptor as any other quad out there.
Ive hit the top end just riding trails many many times

Who cares what a Pro rider rides. This guy is trail riding. He isnt racing Pro class

For a strictly trail machine, go with the Yamaha
If you do plan on racing, the 450 machines are the better choice. I had a Raptor and its a quad you can comfortably ride all day. Mine never fell apart, the only things that ever broke on my Raptor were my fault. The Raptor isnt the best selling Sport Quad ever for no reason.

03-28-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by exracer64
thats stupid...ur not a mod....u cant get in trouble for not liking other people quads....

#1 freedom of speech
#2 its not swearing
#3 ur not a mod...leave it up to them

yeah you can watch ill say 400exs suck and they do so i well have no problem saying that and ill get banned

400EX suck they are air cooled i have never riden a fast air cooled qaud it maybe good in trails but it can only go about 55mph o yeah thats real fast my friends dads old banshee went 110mph thats twice as fast and my raptor kills ever 400ex i have raced in the dunes and 1 had 10grand in it and i bet him by a qaud and 1/2 yeah so when ever you come to MI or to silver lake sand dunes pm me and ill give you my cell phone so i can bet you

$00ex suck

lol watch im going to get banned just cuz i dont like 400exs but if you dont like a yamaha u dont get banned lol o well bye guys since im getting banned for saying the samething you said only with a 400ex

Jake250r
03-28-2005, 03:07 PM
yes.. really looks as tho you're banned.:rolleyes:

MSL
03-28-2005, 03:21 PM
yeah you can watch ill say 400exs suck and they do so i well have no problem saying that and ill get banned

400EX suck they are air cooled i have never riden a fast air cooled qaud it maybe good in trails but it can only go about 55mph o yeah thats real fast my friends dads old banshee went 110mph thats twice as fast and my raptor kills ever 400ex i have raced in the dunes and 1 had 10grand in it and i bet him by a qaud and 1/2 yeah so when ever you come to MI or to silver lake sand dunes pm me and ill give you my cell phone so i can bet you

WTF is wrong with you! You sound like a little kid:rolleyes:
It is obvious you havent rode to many quads out there not to ever have rode a fast air cooled quad.

Dave300ex
03-28-2005, 03:26 PM
Really depends on you, do some research i ride with guys all day long on 660r's goes same places.. sucks not having reverse i agree. and the raptor does have reverse.. so do 400's.. How much experience do you have on bigger bikes? i remeber when i hoped on the 660 after diing my 300ex.. wow lol let's just say they sure dont handle the same. find some guys around where u live who ride 660's and 450's watch them ride a little. you will get a idea of what you want.

03-28-2005, 03:26 PM

u got problems...

$00ex suck

lol watch im going to get banned just cuz i dont like 400exs but if you dont like a yamaha u dont get banned lol o well bye guys since im getting banned for saying the samething you said only with a 400ex

SandAddict_pred
03-28-2005, 04:08 PM
i dont like honda nd i say get a 450r.. raptor is just not anything real impressive.. z400s walk all over em.. my pred stock could walk all over piped raptors..

2004400exa
03-28-2005, 04:31 PM
actually a 400ex cant go 55 they go about 65 stock so get your speeds strait

Jake250r
03-28-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by SandAddict_pred
i dont like honda nd i say get a 450r.. raptor is just not anything real impressive.. z400s walk all over em.. my pred stock could walk all over piped raptors..

Dude no way. you must have seen some messed up raptors. I dont especially like them but i'm not lettin you give this guy false info. a stock predator wont even run with a 400ex or z400 let alone a raptor. and NO a stock raptor and Z, a z will not win. I have seen it at least twenty times when our neighbors think that they must have just messed up a shift on their z vs. our raptorS. notice plural there cause both beat the Z. once the z had hotcams/pipe/k&n and our's had pipe/k&n the z STILL lost.

Polaris can stick to utilities for all i care:D

03-28-2005, 04:48 PM
agreed but if all your doing is trail get a 400ex there like alll around qauds so if you want to try a new type of riding you can without buying a new 1 wish i would of done that cuz my raptor is to fast for the trail only place to ride is dunes

akraptor
03-28-2005, 08:05 PM
my pred stock could walk all over piped raptors..

i'm calling bs there. first off put what mods you have on your pred. second. i have a 05 raptor, my friend has an 04' tld pred. and the only thing he has on me right now is the better suspension. once he gets a full exhaust maybe it will be closer. we will see later this summer when we can race in dry condition. nothing against the preds. but if your going to say your stck pred can walk all over piped raptors. fly to Anchorage, alaska and i'll record you losing to me.

03-28-2005, 08:18 PM
iv'e seen piped preds walk over piped raptors, piped z400's, everything except the 450's

rwhitaker04
03-28-2005, 08:19 PM
a stock pred and a stock craptor..the stock pred wins..all the time..with same skilled rider...as for the z and ex keeping up with a craptor..thats a no also..my 400ex with my stuff cant keep up with my buddies 05 craptor with hmf exhaust...but..im also 70lbs heavier then him...but a 400ex is the best machine for the money id say...endless upgrades and a good choice for a beginner...:)

SandAddict_pred
03-29-2005, 12:49 AM
now keep in mind yall.. im not jsut bashin here... i have a yamaha banshee some what modified motor.. that thing is damn fast.. the pred can only dream of keeping up but .. my brother has a z400 and his buddy has a piped craptor.... drag racing z400 stock and pred stock i could beat the z pretty bad.. and the z hung right with the raptor... i was about 6 bikes lengths ahead of him the whole way... about a half mile down the sand.... anyways!!!
get a 450r if i had it to do over ida got a yfz or a probly a 450r....but since i have it il stick with my predator... oh and btw as for racing yfzs... down a paved airstrip i was about 2 bike lengths behind one that had fmf full exhaust.. some airbix mod and a cam mod.. im not a shiz talker.. this is all from experience...

SandAddict_pred
03-29-2005, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Jake250r
. a stock predator wont even run with a 400ex or z400 let alone a raptor. and NO a stock raptor and Z, a z will not win. I have seen it at least twenty times when our neighbors think that they must have just messed up a shift on their z vs. our raptorS. notice plural there cause both beat the Z. once the z had hotcams/pipe/k&n and our's had pipe/k&n the z STILL lost.

oh a stock pred will cook anything else stock except for a 450r or a yfz 450... i dont understand these kids anyway.. go out and ride more!!

SandAddict_pred
03-29-2005, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
iv'e seen piped preds walk over piped raptors, piped z400's, everything except the 450's

someone else with a brain!!! they do exist!!! :cool:

SandAddict_pred
03-29-2005, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by akraptor
i'm calling bs there. first off put what mods you have on your pred. second. i have a 05 raptor, my friend has an 04' tld pred. and the only thing he has on me right now is the better suspension. once he gets a full exhaust maybe it will be closer. we will see later this summer when we can race in dry condition. nothing against the preds. but if your going to say your stck pred can walk all over piped raptors. fly to Anchorage, alaska and i'll record you losing to me.

thats cool and if i was gonna go to alaska id drive the alcan wiht my pred and banshee in the bed of my truck.. im from anchorage i lived right by dimond high school till 2001.. where do you live?? il get some good videos of me drag racing this summer..
and at the time i was stock... now i have hmf slip on K&Nfilter and thats all for performance other then that.. i have some nerfbars, tether kill eld tailight.. all other stuff...

Toadz400
03-29-2005, 08:18 AM
someone else with a brain!!! they do exist!!! :cool:

Haha, I wouldn't be saying that about him...

I can believe a stock Predator beating 400's but I can't quite believe a Raptor would be able to be beat by a Predator THAT easily. I'm probably thinking this because I have yet to ride a Predator, but I rode a Raptor and I was quite impressed with their power and acceleration. And YES I have ridden BOTH 450's.

SandAddict_pred
03-29-2005, 01:00 PM
a stock pred and a stock craptor..the stock pred wins..all the time..with same skilled rider...as for the z and ex keeping up with a craptor..thats a no also..my 400ex with my stuff cant keep up with my buddies 05 craptor with hmf exhaust...but..im also 70lbs heavier then him...but a 400ex is the best machine for the money id say...endless upgrades and a good choice for a beginner...:)

why do you comapre a z400 and a 400 ex in the same sentance??they arent even in the same category... they are more of a trail machine the z400 is a true sport machine...the 400 ex is just out of date.. the 05 one looks better but as all the compariosons i have read say.. the ex is just no match for the z400

03-29-2005, 01:09 PM
umm then the pred must be realy out of date cuz that thing is ugly the ex looks better then a pred the coolest looking qaud out right now is the yfz and when the 450r has a racing hood on

Flynbryan19
03-29-2005, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Jake250r
Dude no way. you must have seen some messed up raptors. I dont especially like them but i'm not lettin you give this guy false info. a stock predator wont even run with a 400ex or z400 let alone a raptor. and NO a stock raptor and Z, a z will not win. I have seen it at least twenty times when our neighbors think that they must have just messed up a shift on their z vs. our raptorS. notice plural there cause both beat the Z. once the z had hotcams/pipe/k&n and our's had pipe/k&n the z STILL lost.

ROLFLMAO......... Your trying to tell me that a Predator can't beat a 400ex or a Z400.....?:huh

I would say hes not the one misinforming people. Have you looked at the hp ratings from the factorys even for these three quads? Have you even seen a pred run or ridden one? LOL You most have no clue what your talking about.

Masher13
03-29-2005, 01:27 PM
Maybe he was referring to a Predator 90. That's funny. No one seems to take in account the rider. Especially how much they weight. I come in at 250 lbs on a stock Pred. Buddy on a piped, jetted, and filtered KFX 400 weighting not even 100 lbs. wet wants to drag. Side by side until I hit 5th. Always won. We swapped quads and I got absolutely destroyed by my Pred.

SandAddict_pred
03-29-2005, 01:34 PM
yep they fail to take riders weight and racing conditions into account.. anyone wanna trade a 400ex for my banshee??

rwhitaker04
03-29-2005, 03:26 PM
were u saying that a ex is no match for a z400..when they both have the same displacement? and ex trail quad? hmm what were the top pros riding when there were no 450r's..i believe it was a 400ex...if im not mistaken so before u go sayin this that...get your facts straight..

SandAddict_pred
03-29-2005, 03:33 PM
compared to new bikes they are trail quads...

akraptor
03-29-2005, 04:24 PM
oh a stock pred will cook anything else stock except for a 450r or a yfz 450... i dont understand these kids anyway.. go out and ride more!!

so a stock pred will beat anything except a 450 yfz. thats interesting since a stock raptor and stock yfz are almost nose to nose at the finish line from what i've seen. but i could be wrong. i haven't riden any yfz's yet. and i live off of 68th and lake otis. i would like to see some video of your pred Sandaddict. my friend is a pred addict also.

SandAddict_pred
03-29-2005, 04:49 PM
if all 4 a re stock it will be yfz 1st by about a length,450r second by length,pred 3rd by about 1more length, raptor come in about 5 lengths behind the predator. this is from first hand experience.. if all riders are good this is how it will come out.. on hard pack dirt.

Toadz400
03-29-2005, 06:15 PM
if all 4 a re stock it will be yfz 1st by about a length,450r second by length,pred 3rd by about 1more length, raptor come in about 5 lengths behind the predator. this is from first hand experience.. if all riders are good this is how it will come out.. on hard pack dirt.

I call BS:o . Put me on the Raptor and I bet you endless amounts of money it will not be 5 bike lengths behind the Predator (stock for stock).

03-29-2005, 06:19 PM
lol funny stuff what do you have to say about that

SandAddict_pred
03-29-2005, 06:34 PM
whatever im not gonna play agmes anymore.. il see yall in ther dunes.. then you can put it to the sand instead of talk sh!z

03-29-2005, 06:38 PM
dude just stop talking pred are fast but not that fast your being a jack *** every1 here says that they could bet you and i have raced modded preds and bet them with my raptor and banshee and i have seen a pred bet a 400ex but it was like by a 1/2 of a qaud the pred was stock as well as the ex

rwhitaker04
03-29-2005, 06:39 PM
yes u can say trail quad..but...the ex hasnt changed since...99..so how does a 99 ex (sport quad) and an 04 (trail quad) differ?...

Jake250r
03-29-2005, 07:44 PM
you 4 strokers... (and guy with banshee...)

Toadz400
03-29-2005, 08:09 PM
whatever im not gonna play agmes anymore.. il see yall in ther dunes.. then you can put it to the sand instead of talk sh!z

I was never playing games, I just think you're carrying this a little too far. I highly doubt that the Raptor would lose by that much, if at all, in a drag against a stock Predator. The Pred probably weighs about the same, if not more, than the Raptor and the Raptor has 160 cc's on it.

If I had a Raptor I would bring it to the dunes and we'd find out what's what. What dunes do you go to? Maybe some day I will be able to head out there with my friend and his dad's Raptor.

Btw - I'm not trying to start a fight or carry it on. Just stating my opinion on what would happen, as I've ridden a Raptor and I feel that it is faster than both 450's (have ridden both).

03-29-2005, 08:16 PM
YOU CAME RACE MYN AND BANSHEE SILVERLAKEmiSAND DUNES
UPGRADES BELOW

03-29-2005, 08:25 PM
YOU CAME RACE MYN AND BANSHEE SILVERLAKEmiSAND DUNES
UPGRADES BELOW

rwhitaker04
03-29-2005, 08:25 PM
okay...this is straight from yamiwheels....
Yamaha Raptor----------------TLD Pred
398lbs---------------------------415lbs
sohc 5valve---------------------DOHC 4 valve
660cc----------------------------499cc

1st---29.9mph------------------29.3mph
2nd--46.7mph------------------36.6mph
3rd--59mph---------------------44.8mph
4th--67.9mph------------------55mph
5th--73mph--------------------74.7mph
Reverse- 11.9mph------------18.9mph

these are both stock....figures.....so if u believe the test in dirtwheels...this shows preds faster then raptors...

Toadz400
03-29-2005, 08:29 PM
these are both stock....figures.....so if u believe the test in dirtwheels...this shows preds faster then raptors...

NEVER believe ANYTHING from DirtWheels, or really any magazine. Nothing in those magazines can be trusted. But you do realize that the top speed of each gear depends on the gearing of the quad, not the power or acceleration. It's all about which one gets to that speed quicker. Whichever one puts out more torque, has a better power-to-weight ratio (which I guarantee the Raptor has the better ratio) is the one that's going to win. But then there is always the variables; ex: rider ability, traction, weight of riders, etc...

03-29-2005, 08:44 PM
BURNED WHAT ARE GOING TO ABOUT THAT U GOT A DIF PRED

SandAddict_pred
03-29-2005, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
I was never playing games, I just think you're carrying this a little too far. I highly doubt that the Raptor would lose by that much, if at all, in a drag against a stock Predator. The Pred probably weighs about the same, if not more, than the Raptor and the Raptor has 160 cc's on it.

If I had a Raptor I would bring it to the dunes and we'd find out what's what. What dunes do you go to? Maybe some day I will be able to head out there with my friend and his dad's Raptor.

Btw - I'm not trying to start a fight or carry it on. Just stating my opinion on what would happen, as I've ridden a Raptor and I feel that it is faster than both 450's (have ridden both).

go drag the 450s a pred and a raptor.. youl change your mind..
i ride at moses lake mostly, and as for the other guy i have a 361 hihg comp banshee.. so sure il race mine against yours..

rwhitaker04
03-30-2005, 08:36 AM
thats very true..never believe yamiwheels..i just stated their test...also my friend (raptor) and his cousin (predator) both have pipes on them..and both same type of rider and weight...and the pred has a lil more then a half a quad on the raptor...obviously the 160cc the raptor has loses it when its a 5valve opposed to the 4 valve...

Masher13
03-30-2005, 12:05 PM
Back to the original topic. Just got back from an extremely muddy ride. Buddy and fellow member here has a R. Pipe, jetted, and filtered. He just put a 13 tooth up front and said it was amazing for the trails. Only killed 2 or 3 times. It's a really nice bike. I have another friend who has a Raptor, but I haven't been able to ride it because it is always broke down. I would think having reverse would be nice, but it wasn't helping any 2wd quad that day. I've learned to live without it. Honda has always been known for reliablility. I'd go for the R. Anyone think they will ever make a big bore, e-start, reverse Honda to go up against Polaris Pred, Kawi 700, or Yami Raptor? Pure trail bike. That would be sweet.

Jake250r
03-30-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Masher13
I would think having reverse would be nice, but it wasn't helping any 2wd quad that day.

If it had a rev limiter override for reverse and mud tires i bet it would have helped alot, (even with muds the reverse isn't quick enough to get out.) The rev really makes reverse only good on dry stuff and maybe a little wet, but the over ride will get you out of just about anything, surprisingly.

kreed5821
06-29-2005, 01:28 AM
okay...this is straight from yamiwheels....
Yamaha Raptor----------------TLD Pred
398lbs---------------------------415lbs
sohc 5valve---------------------DOHC 4 valve
660cc----------------------------499cc

1st---29.9mph------------------29.3mph
2nd--46.7mph------------------36.6mph
3rd--59mph---------------------44.8mph
4th--67.9mph------------------55mph
5th--73mph--------------------74.7mph
Reverse- 11.9mph------------18.9mph

Get it right, that is a troy lee edition predator(check out the legnth of 5th gear). Keep reading and they say in that same article that the raptor cannot breathe stock. Pipe and jet em both and the raptor wins.

MR.BIG
07-01-2005, 01:58 PM
Since we are on the topic of the predator. I was at a motorcross track the other day and the predator seemed extremely slow to me. The raptor seemed to be going a lot better.

tits
07-06-2005, 04:41 PM
i got a question will a stock raptor lift the front end in fifth?
MR.BIG you gotta stop reading dirtwheels,thats where you got ur info isnt it.

tits
07-06-2005, 04:48 PM
sorry mr,big i ment to say that to kreed 5821

tits
07-06-2005, 04:49 PM
i got another question will a raptor beat an 05 crf 250

kreed5821
07-06-2005, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by tits

In case you didn't notice, I didn't post the info. I responded to the info posted. How did you know it was from dirtwheels? You been reading it too?

MR.BIG
07-06-2005, 05:19 PM
sorry mr,big i ment to say that to kreed 5821

No big deal I was trying to figure out what was going on!

kreed5821
07-06-2005, 05:52 PM

I'll say it again, they can't breathe in stock form. I got this info from my little brother's 660. The same could probably be said for most sport quads.
I won't throw off on anything else, but had to point out that the comparison listed above was not exactly a fair one. It was a Troy Lee Edition Predator vs a stock Raptor.
And what is the fastest usually comes down to who has the most money to sink into their ride.
Who is the fastest comes down to rider skill and money.

Toadz400
07-07-2005, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by kreed5821
And what is the fastest usually comes down to who has the most money to sink into their ride.
Who is the fastest comes down to rider skill and money.

Exactly! Now everyone stop arguing and shut up!:p

bwamos
07-07-2005, 09:46 AM
IMHO if the origional poster is looking for the best machine for simple trail riding.. and keeping it pretty much bone stock. (except maybe a pipe/filter).

I'd reccomend a newer version of the 400ex w/ reverse. A very good low maintenance trail quad. Don't have to worry about coolant, or getting off your quad to back it up.. etc..

Just my personal thoughts.. everyone likes something different.