PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Kazuma RMX 110cc atv

aviator4
03-21-2005, 08:57 AM
Looking at buying three of these little suckers of my kid's. Does anyone have any experience with Kazuma? Anyone with experience on this specific bike? It's hard to pass up the price of $1,000 each on 'em.

Any input will be appreciated.

Livin4Real
03-21-2005, 09:50 AM
Parts are hard to find for them and the $1000 is a little high for it.
You can find them on street corners or lawn and garden shops for about $900. If you just want something to cruise around the yard with their ok but if you plan on doing any racing you should look into some of the other brands that have aftermarket support i.e.: kasea, eton, drr, dinli, etc.

i-zapp
03-22-2005, 09:40 AM
we just picked up a Jetmoto to play with. time will tell how durable they are. heard stories about lots of loose bolts, but we've yet to have a problem.

bright side is that a) there's lots of lookalikes like Redcat, Yamoto, Jetmoto, and Kazuma, b) they are very closely based on the TRX90 and Raptor/Badger machines so some parts may cross over, and c) they're likely to stick around for a while given the upcoming EPA regulation essentially forcing all the oems to drop their 2-strokes in favor of the more emissions friendly 4-strokes.

i'd bet you're going see alot more of these 110cc 4T quads, and better yet, more and more aftermarket support as people recognize the writing on the wall...

aviator4
03-22-2005, 09:54 AM
I guess my main concern is how well the CVT transmission will stand up to lots of riding on the sand, which is where we spend most of our free time. The last thing I want to do is get a quad that is going to break down while we're out there. It's one thing for me to break my quad... it's another thing to break the hearts of my kiddo's when their machine fails.

I've looked at the E-ton's, Kasea's etc.. but have a hard time stomaching the $2K plus price tag for a quad thats going to be replaced with something larger in a few years.

If anyone knows where I can get the Kasea's cheaply, I would be most interested!

So Far, the Kazuma's look like the way to go. We spoke with the owner of a shop here in town that said he sold 400+ of them over Christmas and had only two come back... and they only had minor problems. The thing is, I don't know what kind of riding these people were doing. I am sure we ride harder than most of the "front lawn" riders that probably purchased them.

i-zapp
03-22-2005, 02:36 PM
Those gearboxes are NOT cvt's (continuously variable transmission) but rather centrifugal semi-automatic 3 or 4 speeds. There is no belt. Put a good oil in it and forget about it until oil change time.

aviator4
03-23-2005, 12:05 AM
You're right, the 110's have a cintrifugal clutch system, not the CVT. The 150's have a CVT. Sorry about that.