PDA

View Full Version : Project bronco (oppinions wanted)

TheFontMaster
03-21-2005, 07:01 AM
I am buying a bronco from one of my friends. She got it free from her uncle, it's getting a whole new motor, block and all, new transmission, and I belive new brakes. We have to compleatly assemble the motor, I need some sites that sell good manuals for just motors. Also after it's up and running I'll be looking for a cheap lift, and tires, I was thinking a 4 inch lift and 31's or 33's, so what companies or sites should I look at. Are there any sites that are for just broncos that could help me in this project? And for the frecord it's a 92 full sized bronco. Thanks, and any sugestions if I should do something different?

Thanks, Andrew

alimdar2times
03-21-2005, 08:20 AM
Sounds like you have a good plan in place. It's my understanding that when it comes to lifts, you get what you pay for. I think that with a 4" lift, you should be able to get some 33's or better under there. For lifts and parts, try this link:

http://broncograveyard.com/index.php

If you can't find it there, you probably don't need it. I personally think that the full size Broncos are badass, I love the way they look, and they're supposed to be awesome off-roaders. Post some pics if you get a chance.

TheFontMaster
03-21-2005, 02:25 PM
I'll have some pics next friday in the condition it's in now. Thanks for the link.

And I found out today the motor is a 289 V-8

CTmxyfz
03-21-2005, 03:23 PM
doesn't sound like your putting the right motor into the bronco. They used to come with a 300 straight six in the mid 80s and they had the 302 and 351 windsor. Your bronco should have a 302 or 351 in it. THe 289 won't move it as well. My 302 dogs it some, but ill be working on the exhaust and stuff soon.

Get ideas from the nuts here, www.fullsizebronco.com

Im at that site and i think its awsome as far as what these guys do with their rigs.

mx400
03-21-2005, 09:20 PM
hrm for a lift I would go w/ superlift, rancho, skyjacker, rough country, and pro-comp are all good brands. to fit 33s on your truck I'm thinking if I remember correctly when I did my friends like we did a 3" lift w/ a 3" body and got 36s to fit so you should be fine w/ a 3-4" lift.

Butters
03-21-2005, 09:35 PM
yeah you should be able to find parts for the bronco really easily. i would try to go with the 351 if i where you cause you will have an easier time getting around in the mud and whatver else you get into.

DEAL
03-22-2005, 03:57 AM
You want an opinion ... buy a chevy :devil: ;)
haha just kidding.

JR3
03-22-2005, 04:27 AM
Yes it sounds like you have a good plan. It deoends on the sheme of the truck but some of them look good with the back roof removed you knoiw what im talking about. I saw a guy who lifted the bronco 6 inches and had 40 swampers and did the back roof thing but made like a cover out of the convertable roof material and u could button it on or off.

JR3
03-22-2005, 04:30 AM
Yes it sounds like you have a good plan. It deoends on the sheme of the truck but some of them look good with the back roof removed you knoiw what im talking about. I saw a guy who lifted the bronco 6 inches and had 40 swampers and did the back roof thing but made like a cover out of the convertable roof material and u could button it on or off. this is what im talking about but this is a earlier bronco and looks like *** http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/shop_watch/mountain_magic/images/mountain_magic_rear.jpg

TheFontMaster
03-22-2005, 05:58 AM
I know they came with the 302 or a 351, but obviously it isn't the stock motor. I'll do other things to it like a cam and exaust, if it doesn't already have them. I'm also going to be getting the specs on the motor this week sometime hopefully. And switching in a bigger motor is out of the question, because all the parts for the 289 are already bought and should be ready to assemble.

Derag2
03-22-2005, 06:27 AM
What year is the bronco your getting???????? And i'd consider getting a 351W and do somthing else with that 289 thats not really a truck motor as far as i'm conserned.

Depending on the year you can fit 33's stock without a lift.

TheFontMaster
03-22-2005, 07:03 AM
It's a 1992 full sized bronco.