PDA

View Full Version : Stainless or ceramic coated??

carlj75
03-21-2005, 04:54 AM
What are your opinions? I want to order the Sparks X6, but I can't decide between stainless or ceramic. I don't want the headpipe to rust like my friend's Trinity system.
Also, where is the best place to order the system from? Does C&D stock them?

Silverfox@C&DRacing
03-21-2005, 09:00 AM
Sparks only offers them in stainless now and if you want ceramic it is extra, if you take care of the ceramic you will be fine, I had my x6 headpipe ceramic coated again this winter it looks good, I bought the pipe 2-3 years ago. as for in stock I have one for a z400 but only takes 4 days to get them once you order.

cals400ex
03-21-2005, 10:02 AM
hmmm.. it makes sense that they only come in stainless now. in my opinion, their ceramic versions were junk and nothing more than that. my buddies x-4 ceramic rusts extremely bad and he is easy on it. i have the stainless and haven't had any problem. to get the effect of the ceramic coating, i had mine coated. in the end it costs more too though.

hondardr4life
03-21-2005, 12:01 PM
Well this isn't what I wanted to hear. I just ordered a sparks x-4 ceramic coated. Is there any to keep it from rusting? Like cleaning with an SOS pad?

cals400ex
03-21-2005, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by hondardr4life
Well this isn't what I wanted to hear. I just ordered a sparks x-4 ceramic coated. Is there any to keep it from rusting? Like cleaning with an SOS pad?

that is exactly what you need to do. my buddy then waxed it to try to protect it a bit longer. it is just a pain in the *** to keep up with cleaning/waxing it. i prefer the soap and water and it looks good. :D

when my buddy ordered his, the x-4 didn't even come in stainless so i am not sure if it does now either.

carlj75
03-21-2005, 02:09 PM
Ok, thanks everyone.....stainless it is!

shamisc
03-23-2005, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by cals400ex
hmmm.. it makes sense that they only come in stainless now. in my opinion, their ceramic versions were junk and nothing more than that. my buddies x-4 ceramic rusts extremely bad and he is easy on it. i have the stainless and haven't had any problem. to get the effect of the ceramic coating, i had mine coated. in the end it costs more too though.

Can you post a pic or 2 of the pipe on your bike?

cals400ex
03-23-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by shamisc
Can you post a pic or 2 of the pipe on your bike?

i will try. i actually don't know how to do it but my brother does. he will be home this weekend. we have dial up connection so i don't know if it will work or not. i will try though.