PDA

View Full Version : E series or HMF?

kilabeez0
03-20-2005, 10:16 PM
Both used, both good shape. which one and why? which is louder?

6858-400ex
03-20-2005, 10:31 PM
i would go with hmf just my personal preferance i would say hmf is louder hmf does have a quet core if that is a problem

the e series is tuneable

nosliw
03-21-2005, 12:04 AM
e-series are pieces of crap. have one on a ds650 and it sounds like crap and is starting to show serious signs of wear and weld fatigue.
hmf on the other hand has a nice rumble and is built very well.

hondarider2006
03-21-2005, 02:14 AM
HMF hands down. The e-series does have good power output, but so does the HMF and the quality of the HMF kills the e-series. I have had both, and the HMF is a much better pipe IMO.

300exPat
03-21-2005, 05:48 AM
i love my hmf, goodn quality + power, and i think it sounds better then my friends e series. it can be quieter/louder with or without the quiet core also

MoToX199
03-21-2005, 02:16 PM
hmf all the way its alot better then wb!

DeerNuts
03-21-2005, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by nosliw
e-series are pieces of crap. have one on a ds650 and it sounds like crap and is starting to show serious signs of wear and weld fatigue.
hmf on the other hand has a nice rumble and is built very well.

You really think it sounds like crap? Thats interesting, I liked the sound of the one I had on the old 400ex.
Agreed, the welding does suck, at least it did on mine too. The weld that held the bracket on the top of the pipe broke. No problem to have it fixed of course, but that shouldnt EVER happen with a proper weld, seeings as I never banged it on nothing :rolleyes:

Btw, is there really a BIG difference between the HMF and the WB slip-ons?? I wouldnt think there'd be all that much of a difference?:confused:
I dont know of course since I never ran an HMF on any of my bikes. Just wondering.

hondarider2006
03-21-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by DeerNuts
You really think it sounds like crap? Thats interesting, I liked the sound of the one I had on the old 400ex.
Agreed, the welding does suck, at least it did on mine too. The weld that held the bracket on the top of the pipe broke. No problem to have it fixed of course, but that shouldnt EVER happen with a proper weld, seeings as I never banged it on nothing :rolleyes:

Btw, is there really a BIG difference between the HMF and the WB slip-ons?? I wouldnt think there'd be all that much of a difference?:confused:
I dont know of course since I never ran an HMF on any of my bikes. Just wondering.

Power difference...I would say no. But quality wise yes. Before I rode MX I had my e-series....and I Had to get it re-welded 2 times, before I sold it, and they kid had it welded once more before it finally fell all the way apart. I ran a whole season of MX with my HMF, no problems, sold it to a friend who still has it and no problems still. Much better if you ask me:)

kilabeez0
03-22-2005, 05:21 AM
i'm going with the HMF and it's the full system not a slip on.

DeerNuts
03-22-2005, 08:57 AM
Well based on these "testimonials" I guess it's a good decision to go with HMF.

Thats a shame that all the welds suck on the E-Series pipes. Youd think they'd address the problem.

Maybe their newer pipes are better:confused:
I hope so:grr:

hondarider2006
03-22-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by DeerNuts
Well based on these "testimonials" I guess it's a good decision to go with HMF.

Thats a shame that all the welds suck on the E-Series pipes. Youd think they'd address the problem.

Maybe their newer pipes are better:confused:
I hope so:grr:

I had there newer version slip-on and all of the welds cracked. That was the one with the added support brackets;)

kilabeez0
03-22-2005, 04:49 PM
well so much for the HMF, the jerk sold it before i sent him the money today. guess i'll look around:mad:

hondarider2006
03-22-2005, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by kilabeez0
well so much for the HMF, the jerk sold it before i sent him the money today. guess i'll look around:mad:

Keep a look out on here in the for sale section, or just asve your money for a new one. I believe C&D sells them for $218 shipped.

6858-400ex
03-22-2005, 09:40 PM
http://www.chaparralmotorsports.com

has slip on for $188 and free shipping

kilabeez0
03-23-2005, 04:56 AM
thanks guys but i want a full exhaust not just a slip on.

big bad beny
03-23-2005, 07:33 AM
HMF all the way. it is built verry well and has relly nice deep rumble to it you will love it.

P.S. Ride Hard and Ride Red