View Full Version : tuning torsion bars

kicken250x
03-20-2005, 07:44 PM
i know by cranking down the torsion bars on trucks that have them you can get a little lift out of it but how do you do it? i think i have some idea but im not completely sure so...whats the deal how do you tweek that extra inch or so out of them?

HiperEX
03-20-2005, 07:47 PM
you crank them up to lift but also this stiffens your suspension and gives a crappier ride i did it to my truck to level the front end with the rear, you can onyl do this on 4x4 trucks, i suggest not doing to to much, also you will need to have a alignment done as well, also make sure u count how many turns you do and jack the front end up to make it easier

kicken250x
03-20-2005, 07:52 PM
so just put a big wrench on them and turn them to the left

well...i guess it depends on which side your on...

HiperEX
03-20-2005, 07:58 PM
yeah pretty much, make sure you get a new alignment or you will be paying for tires, what kind of truck are you doing this on? did u get blocks for the rear or just lifting the front to level it out?

kicken250x
03-20-2005, 08:32 PM
this week my stepdads 93 chevy stepside and next week my 94 chevy stepside (when i get it) with a 3 inch body lift. the body lift really made it show how unlevel they are from the factory so im gonna straighten it out some.

MichaelS693
03-20-2005, 10:55 PM
there is what looks like a crossmember in the middle of the frame kinda towards the front under the cab.. its two bolts.. they are a size 18 just turn them both equally the amount you want... you do not need a alignment as long as you turn them the exact equal amount.. i did mine on my truck and it is fine:D