PDA

View Full Version : Hooking up tether on 300ex

quadracer68
03-20-2005, 07:39 PM
I have a 300ex, I hooked the wires up the same way that i had them on my blaster. When the tether is pulled it runs, but when on, it doesn't. I tried the key switch and also the black/white wire from the off/run switch. Can someone please help me on which wires I need to hook the tether to? :confused:
Thanks,
Josh

drifterx
03-20-2005, 10:19 PM
I'm pretty sure i wired mine to the yellow and black wire, on the coil. If i remember right, it was back in August. Shoud be right.

Out_Sider
03-21-2005, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by quadracer68
I have a 300ex, I hooked the wires up the same way that i had them on my blaster. When the tether is pulled it runs, but when on, it doesn't. I tried the key switch and also the black/white wire from the off/run switch. Can someone please help me on which wires I need to hook the tether to? :confused:
Thanks,
Josh

im running into this same problem with mine.. i tried the black/white and black wire on the off/on/off swtich and it dont work.. im glad this thread came up

Cody_300ex
03-21-2005, 08:00 PM
I wired the long wire to the positive side to the coil (round think that connects to the spark plug). And just grounded the short wire. Requires no splicing or cutting. Took me a total of about 5 min. Hope this helps!

drifterx
03-22-2005, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
I wired the long wire to the positive side to the coil (round think that connects to the spark plug). And just grounded the short wire. Requires no splicing or cutting. Took me a total of about 5 min. Hope this helps!

Ya, that sounds right. The long one i think i hooked up to the yellow and black wire, and the short one i just unscrewed the fender bracket bold, wrapped it around it, then screwed it back in. Makes a good ground.

Out_Sider
03-22-2005, 11:44 AM
well it turns out my pro design died on me, so i ended up having to install a toggle on/off switch for temporarily until i get another kill switch, i'll have pics of my jury rigging soon :p

quadracer68
03-25-2005, 10:08 AM
Thanks for all the help. I got it working using the black/yellow wire from the coil and grounding the other.