PDA

View Full Version : I need one of these

wvspeedfreak
03-20-2005, 07:37 PM
Pappy,does Burgard use a threaded bushing like this one in their lower control arms?It threads in to the contrl arm and then your ball joint threads in to it.If so,could you find out if Izzy could spare a couple?

Pappy
03-21-2005, 04:03 PM
no he sure doesnt. but i will ask if he knows of a source or a fix for the problem.

man...that other PC shop coated everything didnt they:eek:

wvspeedfreak
03-21-2005, 06:01 PM
Thanks.

Yeah,they pc'd everything and after twisting one ball joint off trying to remove it and the sleeve being locked up on this ball joint I see why they left them in:mad:.

Pappy
03-21-2005, 06:34 PM
being that the entire joint was pc'd, id try and replace everything(thats what your gonna have to end up doing anyway im afraid:( )

wvspeedfreak
03-21-2005, 07:08 PM
Yeah,I have all new ball joints for it.I'm just having trouble finding one of those threaded sleeves for in the control arm(one I managed to save,this one has been heated cherry red with a torch and it aint moving).
What I was trying to say is I believe the previous owner attempted to remove them for pc'ing but couldn't get them out and said "to hell with it" and just had everything coated.Granted,it's not the way I do things but I have seen some people do some dumb things to save a little money or elbow grease.

wvspeedfreak
03-24-2005, 06:10 PM
I got the ball joint sleeve issue resolved.Here are a couple pics of it so far.I have been so swamped with work I haven't had much time to work on it.

wvspeedfreak
03-24-2005, 06:12 PM
I am really liking the redvein/gunmetal color combo.

Pappy
03-24-2005, 11:51 PM
looks damn good.

i have a shiny silver axle here to go along with it:D