PDA

View Full Version : Too much air flow?

Blaster250x
05-09-2002, 12:05 PM
I picked up a 1985 ATC110 for $70. It is in good shape,everything is there,it's a nice little guy. But when I looked it over to do all the checks before I could try to start it,the foam air filter was hard and disenigrated,so I figured I would take it out to just see how it ran,then buy one in the mean time. Well I started it up,it ran good,but If I pinned the throttle all the way,it would start to cut out and bogg and want to die. It does this at about 70% throttle. Do you think that the not having an air filter is making it run too lean? Too much air?

330exracer
05-09-2002, 12:07 PM
no its prolly just a dirty *** carb thats doin it is all.

nakomis0
05-09-2002, 02:36 PM
Actually ya, It will get to much air with a dry/ or removed airfilter. And will be starving for fuel at 70% throttle.
There is alot less restriction on the airflow, letting more air into the carb.

VegasEx'r
05-09-2002, 03:11 PM
One time out at Dumont, my air boot thing (that connects the filter to the carb) came off, and I had the type of problem you are describing. Put on a new filter, my guess is that it will go away.

05-09-2002, 07:15 PM
Yeah, you are leaning out your main, thats why it cutting out at top end. You are starving for fuel. Put a filter on it and it will probably go away. Be careful, lean=hot and heat=danger!