PDA

View Full Version : 300ex air box question

jca 300ex
03-20-2005, 06:57 PM
hey guys i was wonderin how to get more air flow to the airbox on my 300 besides cuttin holes in it.....cuz i go through quite a bit of water nothing to much but to get across to my 5 acre track i have to cross about a foot or so deep creek so i dont really wunt to cut holes.....and with my airbox lid off it bogs down....but i just now realized that the frame goes to the airbox and thats how it gets air.....so i thought about takin my front plastic off and drill out some holes or summthing idk....or would a hood scoop or air scoop things on the side work?? i got a k&n air filter and a lot of other stuff on it but i was j.w///thanks

bradley300
03-21-2005, 07:07 AM
gthunder makes a velocity stack for the lid, you will have to cut a hole in the box, but there are many people that swear you will never get water/ mud in the airbox. should be on his site www.gthunder.com

300exOH
03-21-2005, 07:15 AM
Yeah. The velocity stack works well. I have almost the same thing on mine and it works well as long as the water you're in isn't too deep. The only time I've had water in mine is when I went into a creek about waist deep. So far it's the best solution I've found for the airbox.

Here's a pic. I think mine was made by Mickey Dunlap