PDA

View Full Version : 400ex carb on a 300ex?

fasterblaster09
03-20-2005, 06:53 PM
I was wondering if I could put a 400ex stock carb on my 300ex without changing anything else,all i have is a pipe and k&n filter..and what jetting would be good for the carburater?..thanks,neil

400exdad
03-21-2005, 12:39 PM
We are in the process of jetting right now, however, I would probably say to start off with the stock 400ex jetting. Right now, we have a 150 and a 40 and it's a little fat as it transistions to the main. I need to play with the needle too....maybe drop it down. We are also running the stock 400 throttle cable too. As far as the inlet tube goes, we will most likely end up with 350X as the stocker is just tad short. However, it does fit. What I did was take a small glass juice glass, which was the same size as the carb. I boiled the tube and then slipped the juice glass in about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. I then let it cool. It was still pretty tight so I did it again, this time with the juice glass still in it. Let it cool. This time, it pretty much held the new shape. Problem, the hose is a tad short, like a 1/8".... I mean a little bit. :) And it seems the 400 ring (for the tube to connect to) is a tad deeper. This keeps the tube and the little raised portion on the carb ring or throat from engaging properly. The new tube is $30 at Service.

blue416ex
03-21-2005, 12:43 PM
search it on the SEARCH button;)