PDA

View Full Version : E-series slip-on question....

spangman
03-20-2005, 03:10 PM
I have a WB E-series on my 400EX, and I was wondering if it will hurt my motor to run without using the discs? I took them off and it seemed to have better throttle response as well as a little more top end power ( but that could just be my imagination...). I just wasn't sure if the major lack of backpressure would screw something up, i.e. float a valve.

Thanks, Spangman

TravEX
03-20-2005, 07:29 PM
i guess you left the end cap off???

i wouldn't run it without the end cap, if you want/need more flow go with more discs,,,

04'400ex'er
03-20-2005, 08:15 PM
you might need to rejet for that one but thats all the harm I could think of is running lean.

spangman
03-21-2005, 02:24 PM
actually, I have the endcap on - it just doesn't have any discs instlalled. It now functions as a "regular" type exhaust, instead of a "supertrapp style". I didn't get a chance to ride it much yet to check the jetting, but from the little bit I did ride it, it seems to be running just fine (It was jetted a little on the rich side before, so hopefully it wasn't drastic enough to put it in a lean condition)

TravEX
03-21-2005, 03:49 PM
what is the jetting now? and what are your air box mods if any?

BLEEDRED
03-21-2005, 05:52 PM
That is exactly how I ran my eseries for an entire season with no problems.

oriclez
03-21-2005, 05:57 PM
A lot of people run it without caps. It will reduce back pressure. Did you notice your lowend went down a bit? Your HP would go up a little.

TravEX
03-21-2005, 06:58 PM
i get what your saying now, you're not using discs or the back plate, just the open end cap, right? what does it sound like compared to when discs are in? check your jetting and you should be fine,,,

spangman
03-22-2005, 08:08 PM
I still didn't get a chance to really "run" it yet. It is pretty damn loud ( loudest 400EX I've ever heard). I have no clue what jets are in my machine, It was jetted when I got it. It always seemed to run rich before. My airbox lid has two Big *** holes in it. and I believe I did lose some bottom end, but it seems like it revs faster???