PDA

View Full Version : tusknerfs

TRAIL
03-20-2005, 02:39 PM
I've had tusk nerfs on my quad for about a month, everything was going well until last week i noticed when i grabed the bars they moved up and down where it mounts to the frame. there is 2 tabs that hold them to the frame instead of U bolts like DG nerfs. The tabs keep bending. is there anyway to cure this besides throwing the tabs in the garbage and using some U bolts? I just beat the tabs back against the frame and its tight and snug for 1/2 a ride then they bend back. i wont be able to do it to many more times before they break. Any ideas?

Jared Hamilton
03-20-2005, 07:18 PM
TAKE ALUMIN FLAT BAR AND DRILL HOLES TO MATCH UP THEN RUN YOUR BOLTS THROUGH THEM

F-16Guy
03-21-2005, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by TRAIL
I've had tusk nerfs on my quad for about a month, everything was going well until last week i noticed when i grabed the bars they moved up and down where it mounts to the frame. there is 2 tabs that hold them to the frame instead of U bolts like DG nerfs. The tabs keep bending. is there anyway to cure this besides throwing the tabs in the garbage and using some U bolts? I just beat the tabs back against the frame and its tight and snug for 1/2 a ride then they bend back. i wont be able to do it to many more times before they break. Any ideas?
You ran the front over the frame, not under, right? I have them and I haven't had a problem yet. There is a very small amount of wiggle, but you really have to shake it. They aren't the best nerfs I've ever seen, but I didn't expect too much for $99.:D

TRAIL
03-21-2005, 04:21 PM
the tube is over the frame. the tabs are on the bottom of the frame.

Rider#11
03-27-2005, 10:38 PM
i have them on one of my 400's and they seem great no problems

TRAIL
03-28-2005, 04:13 AM
they seemed great to me to in the beginning. i fixed it with apiece of flat steel.

MNTNMAN
03-29-2005, 09:23 AM
The mounting holes in the nerfs line up perfect with the bolt holes in my PRM skid. I put spacers in between so there is no gap between the nerfs and skid plate. No problems yet and seems pretty strong.