PDA

View Full Version : XC tires whats best!!!

330R PowerValve
03-20-2005, 01:44 PM
I have run several kinds of tires over the years and have found that I personally like the razr 2's. I have tried holeshot xct, gnarly, razr and razr2's. I haven't tries the I razrs and the holeshot HD'S. What do you guys think of these tires in comparison to the Razr 2's. I really like the razr 2's side bite and traction. When you get on some steep hills the bite just isn't there and the are horrible on hard packed trails.

03-20-2005, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by 330R PowerValve
I have run several kinds of tires over the years and have found that I personally like the razr 2's. I have tried holeshot xct, gnarly, razr and razr2's. I haven't tries the I razrs and the holeshot HD'S. What do you guys think of these tires in comparison to the Razr 2's. I really like the razr 2's side bite and traction. When you get on some steep hills the bite just isn't there and the are horrible on hard packed trails.

so you like the razr 2's the most out of all of those? can you please say why?

i personally like the kenda knarlys, the new kenda knarly XC tires look nice

330R PowerValve
03-21-2005, 05:17 AM
from my personal experience the rarz 2's are better in the ruts (large side knobs) and very good in medium-soft and muddy conditions. I have knarly's on my 330R and they are great in a stait line and on hillclimbs but the side bite has a lot to be desired. I have another set of knarly's that I had on my 450r and thay had great strait tracton but slid out unexpectantly. In the ruts they wouldn't bite the sides to keep you moving like the Razr 2's. They have a open tread pattern which gives them a good bite. My 2 cents.

jeepnrocks
03-21-2005, 08:02 AM
I had the irazrs. they were good when they were new but they wore very fast. my friends razr 2's look new compared to my irazrs and we boughtt hem at the same time