PDA

View Full Version : 400ex power!!!!!

N400Ex
03-20-2005, 08:05 AM
Yo again-

I posted the 400ex bore kit questoin thread. And from what you guys told me, im having second thoughts about bore'n her out. I dont know too much about my engine and what not, so i need more opinions. What can i do to get the most power out of my quad, without necessarily borin' it? I kno about the basic stuff, like pipe, air filter, and stuff like that, but i wanna do more stuff, and i dont think boring my quad is the way to go rioght now for me. So what do you think? Let me kno-

- Nate

04' 400ex
pipe
air filter
holeshots all around
handlebars

jdb8297
03-20-2005, 08:29 AM
ALL HORSEPOWER IS IN THE HEAD AND VALVES BUY THE RIGHT STUFF AND PROPERLEY PUT IT TOGETHER AND YOU WILL ACHEIVE ALOT MORE RIGHT THERE!!!!!!!!

jdb8297
03-20-2005, 08:31 AM
ALL HORSEPOWER IS IN THE HEAD AND VALVES BUY THE RIGHT STUFF AND PROPERLEY PUT IT TOGETHER AND YOU WILL ACHEIVE ALOT MORE RIGHT THERE!!!!!!!! READ THE 250X HELP POST THEIR ARE SOME VERY INTERSTING COMMENTS IN THEIR THAT MIGHT HELP YOU MAKE YOUR MIND UP!!!!!!!

oriclez
03-20-2005, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by jdb8297
ALL HORSEPOWER IS IN THE HEAD AND VALVES BUY THE RIGHT STUFF AND PROPERLEY PUT IT TOGETHER AND YOU WILL ACHEIVE ALOT MORE RIGHT THERE!!!!!!!!

Yep. Contact companys and talk to them and see what they suggests. A lot of problems I've seen when people build engines is just throwing the cheapest crap they can get. Don't do it. I've seen lower HP small blocks beat higher HP small blocks just because of their setup.