PDA

View Full Version : Ordered My Jeep Lift Kit

alimdar2times
03-20-2005, 02:31 AM
Well, I got tired of the TJ sitting so low, so I ordered a 2.5" lift from 4 Wheel Parts. It's a Rancho, complete with springs, shocks, t-case lowering kit, **** extenders, etc. Now I just have to get some different wheels, get the 32" tires, and slap it on. Looks to be a good project for this spring. Instructions (downloadable from Rancho's site) claim it's an 8 hour install, I'm thinking it can be done in 5 or less.

the yazer
03-20-2005, 06:34 AM
i put a 4 inch lift in my tj and it took my buddy and i somewhere around 6-7 hours. the biggest problem is that all the bolts are rusty as hell .good luck enjoy the new ride hight.

if you plan on wheeling it get some swaybar disconnects, cause without them soon as one tire gets in the air you are not going anywhere(unless you have lockers) but that a whole differnt story!!!

Screamin440
03-20-2005, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by alimdar2times
Well, I got tired of the TJ sitting so low, so I ordered a 2.5" lift from 4 Wheel Parts. It's a Rancho, complete with springs, shocks, t-case lowering kit, **** extenders, etc. Now I just have to get some different wheels, get the 32" tires, and slap it on. Looks to be a good project for this spring. Instructions (downloadable from Rancho's site) claim it's an 8 hour install, I'm thinking it can be done in 5 or less.

You got the t-case lowering kit for a 2.5" lift? Was it really needed for that small of a lift or are you just making sure everything is perfect?

the yazer
03-20-2005, 09:11 AM
ya he does not need a t case lowering kit for that small of a lift. i missed that the first time i read the post :huh

alimdar2times
03-20-2005, 12:31 PM
The t-case lowering spacers are included in the Rancho kit, supposedly it helps to get rid of some drivline vibrations. Guy at 4 Wheel Parts seemed to think it would be helpful.

kicken250x
03-20-2005, 06:22 PM
me and one other guy did a 6 inch long arm and 2 inch body lift in 2hrs and 30 min. but i guess it helped that we had a side post lift all air tools tranny jacks and everything else a well equiped shop should have and it was a tj with less than 15000 miles on it. we figured it took a little long to do but it was the first one either of us had done so we were kind of wingin it hoping we did it right

alimdar2times
03-20-2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by kicken250x
me and one other guy did a 6 inch long arm and 2 inch body lift in 2hrs and 30 min.

Dayum, that's movin....:eek2:

I'll be uncovering the Snap-On Roll-Around and firing up the 50 gallon compressor for this one. Like yazer said, I've heard the rusty bolts are the biggest time-consumer. Between me and the guy who's helping me do this, we're probably equiopped well enough to make most auto shops a little green with envy, right down to the Snap-On scanner/troubleshooter! I hope it goes well. I'm planning on taking my time doing it. I'll try to get some before/after pics up when we're done.

Pvt. Maggot
03-20-2005, 10:23 PM
Awsome man..Hope it gos good...My dad was looking at a 6 inch lift and 35's on rims for his 2002 GMC Serria HD with the 496 and Allison tranny...And some duals...Which we will install ourselfs..I'm hoping he orders it soon! :devil:

the yazer
03-21-2005, 06:02 AM
i dont have any air tools at my shop :( :( that is why it took so long.........

kicken250x
03-21-2005, 04:15 PM
sit down the night befor and read the instructions if this is your first TJ lift ive done CJs YJs XJs WJs but that was my first TJ and it helps some to read them. there are a few things that they tell you that you wouldnt notice right off so check them out befor you get started