PDA

View Full Version : Materials to hook PS2 up to computer?

Cody_300ex
03-19-2005, 08:31 PM
I'm going to go out tommrow and buy MX Vs. ATV Unleashed, and want to hook it up to my computer but don't know what materials I need to do it. I have the internet adaptor, and comcast cable on my comp. Thanks.

03-19-2005, 09:27 PM
to ps2 online or actually to your computer/monitor...I dont think its possible

honduh440
03-20-2005, 12:17 AM
im assuming you want to play ps2 online

you will need a router so that you can run cable to ur computer and ps2. get an ethernet cable and run it to ur ps2. then put in the internet adapter set up disk run that and your set

Cody_300ex
03-20-2005, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by honduh440
im assuming you want to play ps2 online

you will need a router so that you can run cable to ur computer and ps2. get an ethernet cable and run it to ur ps2. then put in the internet adapter set up disk run that and your set

How much will all this cost?

03-20-2005, 09:35 AM
about $50

TGW_400ex
03-20-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
about $50

maybe for just the router :rolleyes:

YZ400EX
03-20-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
How much will all this cost?

It really depends on what all you have already..If you dont have the network adapter for the PS that alone will cost you $40. If you dont have the router to split your connection from the modem that will run you between $30-$50, and It depends on how the long the Ethernet cable you need is..Those usually run between .50 cents to $1 per foot depending on where you get it..It really just depends on what all you need as to how much all this will cost you.

roughrider01
03-20-2005, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by YZ400EX
It really depends on what all you have already..If you dont have the network adapter for the PS that alone will cost you $40. If you dont have the router to split your connection from the modem that will run you between $30-$50, and It depends on how the long the Ethernet cable you need is..Those usually run between .50 cents to $1 per foot depending on where you get it..It really just depends on what all you need as to how much all this will cost you.

got mine for 10 cents a foot and it was just a small no-namer computer store.

I think i got my router at Walmart:macho and it was $50.. works good.

I-7
03-20-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
I'm going to go out tommrow and buy MX Vs. ATV Unleashed, and want to hook it up to my computer but don't know what materials I need to do it. I have the internet adaptor, and comcast cable on my comp. Thanks.

Like the other people said, you are going to need to purchase a router and ethernet cables. Networking can get very frustrating sometimes like in my case, it took days to get it to work for some very odd reasons. Once you have the router, you connect the ethernet cable from the modem to the router instead of the back of your computer. Then you need to get another ethernet cable that goes from the router to your comupter. After that you need another ethernet cable that runs from the router to the back of your ps2 in the network adapter.

LTandRaptorider
03-20-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by I-7
Like the other people said, you are going to need to purchase a router and ethernet cables. Networking can get very frustrating sometimes like in my case, it took days to get it to work for some very odd reasons. Once you have the router, you connect the ethernet cable from the modem to the router instead of the back of your computer. Then you need to get another ethernet cable that goes from the router to your comupter. After that you need another ethernet cable that runs from the router to the back of your ps2 in the network adapter.

;)

sportraxrider10
03-20-2005, 06:54 PM
you dont need a router...you can just take the cord that you plug from your cable internet box and take it out of the computer and plug it in the back of the ps2. then just unplug the power cord to your cable internet box and plug it back in, wait like 2 minutes and then it should be able to go. when u want to get back online on your computer just plug the cord from the back of your ps2 back into your computer