PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting stock rear shock?

Freestylemxr
03-19-2005, 07:48 PM
I know the rear shock is fully adjustable, so how do I adjust it? I want to make it a little softer because it was bucking a little on my while i was going over the woops. Anyone know how to adjust them:?? thanks

swoulter
03-20-2005, 06:43 PM
Soften up your adjuster under your seat(cant remember brainf art) about 1 turn and then adjust you compression so it rebounds slower. If i were you jsut go and turn each adjuster each way and see what happens i.e. compression all the way to left the back will ome up slow if you push it down hard all the way to right itll buck you off. Dont be afraid to adjsut it is kidna fun. I hoped this helped i cant really put all my thoughts in sequential order

EvilJester400EX
03-21-2005, 01:01 AM
Turn the compression screw (top screw) to the left 2 turns, and loosen your rebound up by about 5 or so (bottom screw).

sampleez
03-21-2005, 01:33 PM
has anyone messed with the preload any? i've got my compression in all the way and it's still a little soft for some stuff. about how much will it jack up the rear end if i tighten it up a few threads?

EvilJester400EX
03-21-2005, 02:22 PM
Barely any, I had a stock rebuilt rear shock and I would play with the preload and it would never raise the rear end. Take it down about 4 threads, the rear will be a little stiffer.

aci clay
03-21-2005, 09:50 PM
WHEN ADJUSTING YOUR CLICKERS GO MAYBE 1 OR 2 CLICKS AT ATIME NOT FULL TURNS!! IF THE REAR IS TOO SOFT DEFINITLY TRY TIGHTENING THE PRELOAD. GO FOR ABOUT 2 AND 1/2 INCHES OF SAG.