PDA

View Full Version : post pics of riding wounds

6858-400ex
03-18-2005, 09:54 PM
post ur nastiest wounds from crashing or whatever

countypark
03-18-2005, 10:05 PM
Here is an old one from my second race ever.

This is what a stock suspension can do.

Maybe old Al (ajr450r) will post his pics.

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/countypark/Bruise.jpg

stubbs 400ex
03-18-2005, 10:18 PM
jumped a little bit to high for the stock suspension and bottomed out pretty bad. got 12 stitches and had to take a ct scan to see if i broke my jaw but everthing was cool :)

kazpr
03-18-2005, 10:51 PM
OUCH!!

wyndzer
03-19-2005, 01:53 AM
Broke the end of my elbow off last year out running Ugly and Rico at Rockhouse H/M :)

Woodsrider
03-19-2005, 08:23 AM
I got this after a bad dismount last year on fourth of july weekend. It was the end of august befor the bruise was gone and the swelling went down.

Quad18star
03-19-2005, 03:18 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid138/p7710d0830f4070c07919eba5c967eddf/f71792a7.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid138/pfa7f3fc7f5cddbec5b9008dd2dba6f87/f7179276.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid138/p14cd610adf82de5fe17878825eee7ca0/f717928a.jpg

416exmx
03-19-2005, 03:21 PM
my worst

Dupontster
03-19-2005, 05:15 PM
Dumbarse riding without back plastic...Dryin off after washing quad....Foot got tangled under tire....Fourteen at the time...

clutt225
03-19-2005, 06:03 PM
Here is empoyeedamonth the day after a banshee bite.
2nd gear + eyes closed x hiden rail way tie= 14 or so weeks off work.

wheeltrax
03-19-2005, 06:53 PM
i dont have any pictures because everything was all internal, but a month ago i wrecked on the ice, broke my collar bone, fractured my skull, and it messed up my hearing as well a bit in one ear. I had just gotten the quad unloaded at the track on the ice, warmed up the quad, and decided to take it for a quick spin down this little strip, well needless to say, i didtn make it down and back, quad got sideways, cartwheeled, and i hit the ice. I got transported to the hospital, stayed there 3 days. And im makin progress now. Needless to say.. ALWAYS wear a helmet. I wear mine 98% of the time, and this was one of the 2%, well this taught me that that 2 percent is not worth it. STUPID HURTS.

Chino
03-19-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by clutt225
Here is empoyeedamonth the day after a banshee bite.
2nd gear + eyes closed x hiden rail way tie= 14 or so weeks off work.

did you break your arm or wrist? im in my second cast as we speak with a broken wrist. 3 more weeks in cast then off to physical therapy yayyyyy!

Tommy 17
03-19-2005, 07:54 PM
:o my shattered femur!!!!

416exmx what hit u in the face the handle bars:eek2: :eek2:

I-7
03-19-2005, 08:04 PM
Wow this makes me want to just sell all the bikes and quads and take up golf or ping pong or something...

raptorman2001
03-19-2005, 08:31 PM
I have had more than one accident needles to say all three broke my leg my last one was last year i was riding in this creek and there was this 15ft tall imbankment that was more than straight up and down at the top it came out where the dirt from underneath had dropped out from under it well any way my buddy had bigger balls than i did and did it first and made it! but he always landed straight up and down some how he never fell of he said he just would pull the clutch in right befor he landed! Well then i tryed it and i maid it i was suprised we came back the next week end and i was supposed to be grounded but i rode a buddies warrior which i usely rode a 400ex stock but any way the warrior was wider than the tracks made and i hit it real hard i dont rember after this poin but i know what all my buddies said and they said that i was around 35ft striaght up in the air then the quad did a barrel roll and i flipped off landed on my leg and i will say now i wasnt wearing in proctection gear not even a helmet the i the bones all popped loud anough to hear over the reving quad which also landed the rolled over my leg and any way i shattered my knee/leg , dislocated my arm , and scruded with my head a little bit! SO EVERY ONE PLEASE ALWAY WEAR AT THE LEAST A HELMET MY LEG WILL BE SCREWED FOR LIFE I HAVE BROKEN IT TWICE SINCE THEN AND IT SUCKS SO PLEASE DO THAT!

YFZ450Ridr
03-19-2005, 08:54 PM
ive been riding since i was about 7 or so and im 15 now. to this day and ive NEVER had a stich in me or a broken bone, excluding toes and fingers. i feel lucky but i know my time will come.:o ive had road rash and i have a scar on my elbow the size of a golf ball, but a scrape is nothing.

JDiablo
03-19-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by 250EXridr
ive been riding since i was about 7 or so and im 15 now. to this day and ive NEVER had a stich in me or a broken bone, excluding toes and fingers. i feel lucky but i know my time will come.:o ive had road rash and i have a scar on my elbow the size of a golf ball, but a scrape is nothing.

you just jinxed yourself for life:eek:

watts16
03-19-2005, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
you just jinxed yourself for life:eek:

haha next time goes prolly crash

knock on wood

kenwoodjeff
03-20-2005, 09:50 PM
TT Wreck Last August

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid148/pb96c2dafbba262ed6f5508a2c9642742/f61d4dc3.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid148/p66b48a64609cb916b6839bcaa9140ee9/f61d4dc9.jpg

Quad18star
03-20-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by 250EXridr

Dude you just jinxed yourself . I said the same thing the day before I had my leg shattered . Two people at work had asked if I ever had stiches or broke anything and I said " NO " but I didn't "touch wood" . Next day I wasn't even out riding for 15 minutes and ... well ... you can see the pics and xrays on the first page of this post . :( . 7 months later and I'm still pretty messed up ... but I can walk now ( which has only been within the last month) . I got a pretty bad limp since I was missing 3 inches of bone . :ermm:

Quad18star
03-20-2005, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by kenwoodjeff
TT Wreck Last August

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid148/pb96c2dafbba262ed6f5508a2c9642742/f61d4dc3.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid148/p66b48a64609cb916b6839bcaa9140ee9/f61d4dc9.jpg

They gave you the long screws .... but our pieces of wire match pretty good . ;) :p How many places did you shatter your ankle?

03-21-2005, 08:47 PM
About jinxing your self.........

Back in august '04 I went to the mall with my friends. Well we got to talking about broken bones and stuff like that, well one of my friends and I were braging to our other friends about how we havent broken a bone....... Well the next monday My friend and I went to school riding double on my goped. We were going to school so he could get his registragion(sp). His pocket bike wasant working so we decided to ride double on my goped. Well to make a long story short, we got hit by a car at an intersection. I broke my ankle and my friend broke his leg.

urb'nyouthfilms
03-21-2005, 09:37 PM
last year

TheMachine
03-21-2005, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by urb'nyouthfilms
last year

Story please

Quad18star
03-21-2005, 09:54 PM
last year

I'm kind of scared to even ask What the F**k happened . Almost looks like you shot yourself in the foot not once , but twice . :ermm:

Whatever it is that happened , it's damn nasty .

I wish I had pictures of what my leg looked like when it was cut open . At the time I didn't even want to look at it , but now curiosity has set in and I would like to see what everyone I was ridding with has been talking about .

My one buddy that was helping the medics kind of turned a little green and both Medics kind of seemed a little grossed out . They both said it was the worst they had ever seen . I'm guessing seeing a leg bent 90 degrees outwards and bone pieces scattered all over the place wouldn't be a pretty sight . I didn't even bother looking at it while I was getting help from the Medics ... I didn't feel like passing out . I have a HIGH tolerence for things like this ... I've seen accident scenes that you think are only real in Horror movies .... but this time I knew my leg was f**k up pretty badly . Wasn't gunna take that chance of passing out .

cletusEX
03-21-2005, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Dude you just jinxed yourself . I said the same thing the day before I had my leg shattered . Two people at work had asked if I ever had stiches or broke anything and I said " NO " but I didn't "touch wood" . Next day I wasn't even out riding for 15 minutes and ... well ... you can see the pics and xrays on the first page of this post . :( . 7 months later and I'm still pretty messed up ... but I can walk now ( which has only been within the last month) . I got a pretty bad limp since I was missing 3 inches of bone . :ermm:

Didn't you put a stick through your stomach? I would imagine that took some stiches. Anyways, glad your walking that is a nasty x-ray.

Martin Blair
03-21-2005, 10:15 PM
last year

now thats gona make me were my boots for rest of my life

thats just sick, looks like either burnt or dead tissue arround it, wtf you do?

Quad18star
03-21-2005, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by cletusEX
Didn't you put a stick through your stomach? I would imagine that took some stiches. Anyways, glad your walking that is a nasty x-ray.

Thanks ... it feels great to be walking again ... and so far I've done all my progress on my own ... no therapy . :D

I did put a stick through my stomach also .... and it required a bunch of stitches . About 50 to tie up the outter wounds and a couple hundred to fix everything on the inside . Not a pleasent experience . I'll try and dig out the picture I have from the aftermath of that crash .

urb'nyouthfilms
03-22-2005, 08:44 PM
well last year i took a friend of mine to a place that we ride with the intentions of letting just him ride my quad. Well by the end of the day they had me out there jumping without my boots on. To make a long story short i took one of our step ups that you have to hit in like 3rd gear pinned and did a can-can off it, when i went to go put my feet back on the pegs my right foot went around the nerfs and underneath my tire (remember pinned in 3rd). That instantly removed my shoe and sock keeping my foot under the tire untill she finally came to a stop. We went through about 3 t-shirts before we made it to the E.R. where i got to take a look at the wound a little better. i sprained my ankle, tore 2 tendons, got those two huge cuts down to the bones, and tore the whole layer of skin off the top of my foot. moral to this story guys, always where your boots.

-Josh

RUTHLESS
03-25-2005, 11:47 PM
DUDE, I CAN'T EVEN SAY WHAT I REALLY WANT TO BECAUSE IT INVOLVES PROFANE LANGUAGE ABOUT RIDING AN ATV WITH SHOES, LET ALONE PINNED, SO TO EACH HIS OWN DAMF

MORAL TO THE STORY DON'T BE A DAMF LIKE-urb'nyouthfilms

DaleJrFan
03-26-2005, 08:42 AM
Riding ORV's and riding bulls have got a lot in common. It's not a matter of when your going to get hurt, it's a matter of how bad when it happens.

catch22blaster
03-26-2005, 09:26 AM
this tuff is f'ing nasty gosh all those had to hurt like heck ouch

armoks
03-26-2005, 10:12 AM
rolled my dale end over end four times over two years ago. broke 7 ribs , fractured t5 and t7 vertibre, shattered t6, and fractured my cheek.

MployeeAdaMonth
06-02-2005, 07:46 PM
Hey Chino! In that pic I had a couple rods and four scews holding stuff together! This was the second time for that wrist, That really sucked,well it still sucks. My wrist is pretty much fugged now:(

Toadz400
06-02-2005, 07:54 PM
Here's my worst one that I took a picture of.

Btw...Tommy 17, it looks like you're doing something in your picture....:huh

FoxRacing81
06-02-2005, 07:55 PM
My worst was about a 1st degree burn on my leg (the worst!!) from my 250r's big huge fat FMF pipe. You shoulda seen it after like a week. It turned all black and the skin started peeling off. It sucked and hurt sooo bad. Never went to the hospital or anything, but now theres a bigass scar there. I wish I woulda taken a picture of it. It woulda grossed some people out...grossed me out at first!

-Justin

Dan_Guetter
06-02-2005, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by MX610EX
My worst was about a 1st degree burn on my leg (the worst!!) from my 250r's big huge fat FMF pipe. You shoulda seen it after like a week. It turned all black and the skin started peeling off. It sucked and hurt sooo bad. Never went to the hospital or anything, but now theres a bigass scar there. I wish I woulda taken a picture of it. It woulda grossed some people out...grossed me out at first!

-Justin

I did the same thing, never went to the doc either. And now i have a huge muffler scar from it......it hurt sooooooooo bad

TCracin440ex
06-02-2005, 08:57 PM
1 of my worst that i have pics of the scar i aitn got x-ray pics but i wrecked my bike broke my humerous and had to have a rod put thru my arm with 2 screws.....

another 1 of my worst occured while on the mx track..collided wit my friend in mid air...rolled the quad tossed me about 15 feet...had a mild concussion, 6 chipped teeth, bit my tongue, bruised ribs, my 4-head was swolen from helment jamming i my skull, and a cracked vertebrate in my back (t6) i think it was

my 3rd worst would have to be a broken leg...i fractured both bones in the lower part of my leg...i was tryin to teach a girl how to drive my honda recon (big mistake) and she ran us off into a 4 or 5 foot deep ditch and i flew up in the air and when i came down it just broke the bone...was in a cast for 6 weeks...but still rode...i shifted with my hand..

here is the pic of the scar from the surgery on my humerous...this is the upper part of my arm

TCracin440ex
06-02-2005, 09:02 PM
and this is the 2nd pic the lower part of my arm where they put the 2 screws in...

the accident happend on april 15th...i was ridding a wheelie across my friends field...he has a big wooden wire spool in the middle of his field i saw that comming and i had my right food on the grab bar so i couldnt smack the back brakes to put the frontend down...so i bailed off and landed on my arm somehow i broke it...i went to the doctor that day and they didnt x-ray the upper part of my arm...they only x-rayed from my elbow down...so they didnt catch the break...so i walked arround for abotu 2 weeks with a broken arm and didnt know it...i went back because i had serious swelling in the upper part of my arm...and my mom made me go back they x-rayed the upper part of my arm...and the doctors office sent me to the orthapedic doctor...so i went to the orthapedic doctor they put me in a splint and a sling for 2 weeks to see how it would do and if it would heel...it wasnt heeling because the bone halfs were about an inch appart or more...so only option was surgery....they went down thru my rotar cuff with a rod and into my bone....its been 3 weeks since surgery and im slowly slowly starting to get use of my arm back i still cant ride blah...and it pisses me off too because we have had some excellent weather for riddin here lately

Tom TRX250R
06-02-2005, 11:02 PM
That makes three of us with the ol' FMF 250R exhaust burn.:D

I always wear pants riding but took a quick spin out to see the drag quads racing in the sand and did a massive burn on my leg. Everyone in the entire campsite was digusted at the bubbling burn on my leg and it only looked worse after each day passed. Just to say the least I have a bad scar on my leg to remind myself to wear pants or my riding boots!

QuadJunkies
06-03-2005, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Woodsrider
I got this after a bad dismount last year on fourth of july weekend. It was the end of august befor the bruise was gone and the swelling went down. :eek: the one on my Back from my wreck this winter was about that size, maybe a little BIGGER! tooks about a month to get all the bruising to go down.Also bulged my L4 and L5, pinched a nerve , punture would to other leg and had 70 cc of water drained off my back,still have approx. 30 CC;s more left to drain and possible perm nerve damage to mt back and back of one leg. :(
This was just one of the few owies I got... Its still there after 3.5 months, may take up to a year to seal shut:ermm: |
we even managed to get the wreck on video... :o

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=150438&highlight=meat+cleavers

Cody_300ex
06-03-2005, 12:48 PM
Only one I have of my broke wrist. Cased a 25 foot double.

DeerNuts
06-03-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid

25ft :huh Either you mean that high in the air or you need to start wackin off more to build up some better wrist muscles!

yfz4life50
06-03-2005, 05:27 PM
BWAHAHAHAHA FELT LIKE ROSES!

Myrtle150
06-03-2005, 05:41 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v653/Myrtle150/quad109.jpg

Well thats the best pic of my x ray i could get....compound fracture of the lower leg. Right thru the skin on both sides and an artery. I try not to case jumps now..lol

06-03-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid

For being a hick cody you got some small arms there!

TM426
06-03-2005, 07:28 PM
I was just going around the house and forgot to put my shoes on.

J/K
http://img227.echo.cx/img227/9014/untitled2tg1.png (http://www.imageshack.us)

theTman
06-03-2005, 07:36 PM
i was eating...just lost my apitite...thanks...:p

QuadJunkies
06-04-2005, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by TM426
I was just going around the house and forgot to put my shoes on.

J/K
http://img227.echo.cx/img227/9014/untitled2tg1.png (http://www.imageshack.us)
thats messed up........... :eek: :eek2: :huh

6858-400ex
06-04-2005, 11:27 AM
is that really ur foot

tp300ex
06-04-2005, 12:53 PM
he said j/k (just kidding)

rodenberg35
06-21-2005, 02:15 PM
this is my buddies arm the dumb **** broke it the very first time he went racing. becouse his class was before mine I never made my main but oh well.

http://www.hunt101.com/img/298912.JPG