PDA

View Full Version : Cant get the R to stop running!

edz250r
03-18-2005, 04:37 PM
Well, I got her to start running and now she doesn't want to quit! I use a Tusk CR kill switch that you just have to press, but it keeps running! The only way to stop the engine is to pull the spark plug cap off while getting a nice zap in the process...lol.

The kill switch worked fine before the winter engine rebuild. I took it apart and it looks fine. The only thing that I can think of is that maybe it got knocked while transporting the engine to/from the builder. Anyone have any ideas why it wont work??

kuba1506
03-18-2005, 06:15 PM
make sure you have a good clean ground and recheck your wiring

edz250r
03-18-2005, 06:36 PM
The thing is, I haven't done anything with my wiring since last fall and everything was fine back then. I'll check again, although its all wrapped with electrical tape.

JTRtrx250r
03-19-2005, 03:04 AM
they act like a complete curcuit...ya gotta brake it by grounding out, untill you get it figured out...put a zip-tie on the plug-boot, pull on that instead of risking getting lit up...could be bad if its revved-out:eek2: ;)

Glad to hear she fired up!!:cool: ...now ya just gotta get her to fire down:p Try making sure all the connections are pushed in tightly, good luck w/ it man!

1fastprototype
03-19-2005, 06:43 AM
put it in gear and just dump the clutch with the brakes on .