PDA

View Full Version : GNCC Tech Inspections Question

jdwxv3
03-18-2005, 02:57 PM
A few of my buddies and I are going to race Lorreta Lynn's GNCC at the end of April. I understand they now have Tech inspections that are strict. I have a few questions for the people who know. (and yea I know I could look it up on the site but tonight I am lazy and would rather ask some people who know on here)

1. Do you have to have a Spark Arrestor?
2. A kill swith is requried.......right?
3. How loud can your pipe be?(I have a GYTR pipe on the YFZ will it be ok?)
4. Anything funky they check that would catch someone new off gaurd?

Any info is helpful!

Thanks,
Josh

markk
03-18-2005, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by jdwxv3
A few of my buddies and I are going to race Lorreta Lynn's GNCC at the end of April. I understand they now have Tech inspections that are strict. I have a few questions for the people who know. (and yea I know I could look it up on the site but tonight I am lazy and would rather ask some people who know on here)

1. Do you have to have a Spark Arrestor?
2. A kill swith is requried.......right?
3. How loud can your pipe be?(I have a GYTR pipe on the YFZ will it be ok?)
4. Anything funky they check that would catch someone new off gaurd?

Any info is helpful!

Thanks,
Josh
1= NO, U have to pass under 102, or 104 DB?? (its one of those)
2=Yes u have to have a WORKING kill switch.
3= Your pipe should be good, as long as u have your packing in it still.
4= Yeah, Gate fees are 12 dollars this year not 10 dollars.

What class are u gona be running, Ill c-u there!

jdwxv3
03-18-2005, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the info! I race A in the Missouri Series but I belive I am going to race the C vet class in the morning just because I really want to watch all the Pros race! This is the only GNCC I will be going to this year so I dont wanna race the afternoon and miss the chance to watch all the bad *****es race! See ya

scramblerracer
03-18-2005, 03:53 PM
You might double check but I was told that you have to race the same class as your local races. I don't know if they have any way of checking though. I understand your point about wanting to see those guys. Good Luck!!

jdwxv3
03-18-2005, 04:01 PM
I am pretty sure I wont have to race the A class there. If that is the case it would suck.

Dan229
03-18-2005, 04:08 PM
If that is the only race you can make for the entire year race what ever class you want to.

Wizard Racing
03-18-2005, 05:02 PM
If you are a true A rider, then you need to run in an A class. It's not fair to the true C class riders that race the series for you to be in their class, even if it is only for one race.

jdwxv3
03-18-2005, 05:14 PM
I am going to race in the morning. I am not going to win. I dont want to run the hell out of my quad. I want to go for the experience, the comp down there is much tougher than here in MO I am sure. Our MO pros race A class there and they are a lot faster than me, and they dont even win the A class. Dont worry I am not sand bagging I just wanna ride and have a good time and watch the pros tear it up! Later and thanks for the input guys!

jgfarmsracer
03-18-2005, 06:40 PM
run your age class in the C class you will be fine

your pipe might not pass

and a spark arester will help a little

jdwxv3
03-18-2005, 09:28 PM
Thanks Jason, are you going to run any Missouri races this year? Later, Josh

bradley300
03-19-2005, 08:23 AM
if your pipe dosent pass, ask them how bill ballances pipe did:blah:

markk
03-19-2005, 08:40 AM
Its only one race man, Run the class u want, I wounldnt worrie about anyone protesting that u run A at your local series.

I got stuck running A-class in D-17 because of how I finished in 04, And i never placed better than 10th place last year at a GNCC!

Give them boys a run for there money.

jgfarmsracer
03-19-2005, 11:56 AM
maybe newark but no other ones